ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ported and matched inlet manifold

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Now it sounds a bit odd but apprently 182s and 172s dont seem to have these lied up corectly so these companys charge u £200 odd pounds to port the out a bit wider there for allowing the holes on the inlet to be bigger allowing no possable restrition!??? but honistly cant that be done with a steady hand and a dreamel multi?????

sound a bit DIY but has any one had it done ????? what do they actually do!?? i says on k tec possable 7 - 10 bhp diffrence thats alot for such a small thing!:S

106 GTi
From what I have read on here you could D.I.Y but it would be easy to take of to much!

Please people learn to spell. It's HONOUR/HONESTLY, also OFF not OF, don't forget CORRECT not CORECT

Not forgetting COMPANIES not COMPANYS and DREMEL. APPARENTLY and others do make an appearance though. POSSIBLE, and more to mention.

TDI tyre shreader
blaze said:
Please people learn to spell. It's HONOUR/HONESTLY, also OFF not OF, don't forget CORRECT not CORECT

Not forgetting COMPANIES not COMPANYS and DREMEL. APPARENTLY and others do make an appearance though. POSSIBLE, and more to mention.

Oh be quiet.

Yes it is possible to DIY but you might run into problems removing it as its not as straight forward as it seems due to restrictions in the engine bay. Im going to have a crack at mine when i can be bothered

It is very possible to do a 'gasket' match.

However a manifold which gives the largest gains is developed as an entire entity, i cannot speak for others, but when i modify a manifold, a gasket match only compramises about 45% of the work done on the the manifold. If you were purely to gasket match, you would be left with large expansion points at all mating faces of the manifolds. This leads to turbulance and poor flow, rather than actually increasing flow, and especially increasing flow quality.

THAT is the reason i charge £150 for my manifolds, more than just a gasket match. Infact, if you look at mine, they dont actually 'match' the gaskets perfectly, as this is actually too large.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
blaze said:

Sorry its called dyslexia and as i work in IT and as have spell check on my pc in word i dont tend to check every word!:cool: