ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor MPG loud whirling noise?

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
I know it is probably going to be hard to say what is wrong with the car, I haven't had time to take it to the Garage but for the last month or so the engine has been making an increasingly louder whirling noise when accelerating, I have also noticed a drop in MPG (Getting 26MPG from a 1.2 Campus Sport 55 Plate)

When not accelerating you don't generally hear the noise, for example when going down hill it isn't as loud, but it is still there.

All of the wheel bearings have not long been done and the MOT did not pick up any advisories (although this was in April of last year I don't see how the problem could develop that quick)

Any help would be appreciated as I don't really want to go to the Garage without a clue of what the problem could be, have had bad experiences with my local before