ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor air con

BG182 Cup, Discovery
Had the air con on my car regassed and it doesn't seem to get very cold, had thermometer in vent and only going down to 9.5c

BG182 Cup, Discovery
Sorry it's doesn't seem cold enough is there any common faults? Had it recharged about 2 weeks ago, it was low on gas before so wasn't very good but doesn't seem better now it has correct amount in

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I was going to get mine done this week after discovering how crap my a/c is this weekend. If it doesn't make it any better I may not bother...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did they leak test it first or just fill it with gas??

My sister got charged £69 at kwik-s**t to fill her gas and by the time she got home (3 miles max!) it had all leaked out.

BG182 Cup, Discovery
Yea it was done at the garage where I work, had it leak tested first, the re gassed. It just doesn't seem to get that cold!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm too hot and exhausted. Been a long weekend. Hot sun, no hair and ginger skin don't fare well old chap.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Had mine regassed today for £30 (they had a great offer on) and the difference is great, feels icy cold now. Unable to give a temperature reading though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to try mine out later today got a few bits to do this afternoon so should be perfect as driving round with both windows down can get noisy!

172 Ph2
9.5c sounds pretty cold to me.

Had mine regassed/tested not so long ago and it was pumping out 5c

However the climate control is a bit weird, sometimes it'll pump out ice cold and the next even though the AC is on it'll still be pumping out as if the AC isn't on (that non fresh half cold air you get). I turn off the CC and just have the AC on it works fine again, change back to CC and it continues to work great.

Odd little system.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Mine isn't working either which wasn't great for a drive in France recently. Going to get mine checked out.

Clio 182
These cars are generally getting on 9years old now, very lucky if air con is still working correctly (some well informed previous owners running the system regularly). I have a mechanic mate who regasses mine when I service/mot, but must have a leak as it generally only lasts around 3-4months before pressure is too low and condensor doesn't 'click' on. Luckily we are in a country where the requirement is minimal ;).

I'd imagine the O-rings will have dried up and shrunk on the majority of cars over 6-7year old, resulting in ineffective systems. But the cost of fixing seems unjustifiable.

...jerry springers final word: if it aint working the extra 5bhp you get with it being off will allow you to drive that bit quicker, to allow for excellent cross-ventilation, eliminating the requirement for your aircon ;)