ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poll: keep R Magic or go 99 spec

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok quick poll...

do i keep my current front end which is a mega rare R Magic front, one of 2 or 3 in the uk and nearly 2k to bring in to the uk...

IMG_8722.jpg

or do i swap for a genuine oem mazda 99 spec front????

39117534007_large.jpg

i can't make my mind up,

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Can't help but think the OEM front end is a lot nicer.

But, rare front end ftw?

Mk3 Megane 250
If it wasn't for the number plate holder i'd say 99 Sepc, but that bulge just ruins it for me. Keep current one!

Listerine & Poledo
I'm hardly an authority on these things, but I prefer the Mazda nose.

I'm sure there was a sweet MazdaSpeed version thouigh, and no doubt there'll be some Wings West creation that turns the front end into an F16, and that would be smart.

I don't really like the bumper set you're using now but, when all's said and done, it's an RX-7! It'll be a gorgeous machine even if the average CS forum-member went to town on it!

99, sell the R Magic and pocket the cash to spend elsewhere. On a couple of the US Honda sites some of the boys on there w**k themselves into a coma over some frankly hideous 20+ year old rims, yes they may be JDM and yes they are well made but when they look as bad as they do it counts for nothing in my book.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
If it wasn't for the number plate holder i'd say 99 Sepc, but that bulge just ruins it for me. Keep current one!

i was tempted to remove the plate holder but i think it looks weird...

IMG_6098.sized.jpg

bd803d41-a967-4b58-97b1-2d673c578f2b-800.jpg

i do like my r magic and now the car is sticker less.....

425047_10151355066215054_636365053_23354267_882995857_n.jpg

n2x

e60/f10
It might be my unprofessional eye but those wheels you got don´t suit it at all :( On the first picture the front bumper and everything looks uneven, why is that? I like the OEM better.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
looks uneven?? might just be the light, its fine in person, plus it has taken a massive smack from a badger... also the wheels are looking odd because of the front tyres.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
99 spec for me mate and agree about removing the plate holder, looks a bit weird without.

Mk3 Megane 250
nah it dont look weird at all, makes the car look much better with the holder off! at the end of the day, your car your choice!

53 Clio's & counting
Another vote for 99 spec here, especially as that front is worth so much, id be afraid of leaving it anywhere incase someone reverses into it lol.

plus 99 looks better imo

An orange one
99 all day long!!!

What kind of value is on that bad fitting rare front bumper? Can't be that much £££ surely??

Petrol Blue 182.
get the porsche 911 lookalike front end? ameia or something? there cool! but OEM for me out of your choices

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Go 99 Spec.

Like most of this rare JDM cool expensive stuff. It doesnt actually look better than stock.

You need bigger wheels too, or at least a bigger profile tyre. And some spacers!

Looks in nice condition though! Black cars are a pain!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Wheels are spaced now and I'm getting some diff front tyres...

As for the bumper being bad fitting... I don't see it, when looking at the car it's a good fit! What looks wrong on the above pic is the bonnet and the headlight cover being bent and out of align.... The bumper is a perfect fit lol...

Rob I will take you on a tunnel run if I ever do one lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Are they 16s or 17s Malice? I'm guessing the latter! Could even be 18s but they look decievingly small"

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
99 spec ftw, just because the other front is rare, doesn't mean it is good. The jap market always seems flooded with random rare or "special" stuff, such as spoon gearknobs and apexi grounding kits lol! I must not get the hype!

Disastra Coupe
I don't care if the first one's rare. It's gash compared to the second one lol. Defo change imo.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I can't even put into words how much better the 99 spec bumper is!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
looks like i might be going 99 spec ;) bearing in mind to buy a 99spec bumper, splitter and lights you are looking near enough 1k to do anyway... hopefully providing the guy gets the splitter i will have a 99 spec in the next week or 2