ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polish / Wax / Sealant Suggestions...

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Currently using:

AG Super Resin Polish
P21 Carnauba Wax
AG Extra Gloss Protection

Heres my car:

DSC01604.jpg

Any suggestions on better products for the colour? Any help / advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot in advance :)

05 IO 182 cup
I would PM 7MAT off the forum matey, he runs I4Detailing and has some top notch cleaning products in there - there is a cliosport discount as well

I think what you are using does the job well, have always used AG SR polish and EG protection - I also use Dodojuice "Orange crush" carnauba wax (Have an inferno and it brings out the colour really well)

Worth asking him to advise on any specific wax for the colour of your car

Nothing wrong with that lot what so ever, used it on my own car for years, still use SRP and P21s (although it has now been gheyly named R222 just to confuddle people) to this day!

Re colours, I barely change the waxes I use on different coloured cars. The depth and shine come from the polishing stages. And I never change the sealent.

Oh and I would just point out to make certain, it's SRP, then EGP to seal, then P21s to wax, not the other way around with sealent and wax.

Thanks for that 'JD' been doing alot of searches on here, your work is very impressive...

So if you were to detail my car what would your process be? & with what products.

No bad swirls marks etc to worry about...

Sorry for all the questions but with so many posts on different processes and products its hard to pick the best and most suitable for your own car.

Obviously I understand probably the best way to learn is to get out there and try different products but any advice is greatly welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for the compliment lad.

Process would purely depend on what you required. If you are looking at paint correction then a machine polisher with two/three stages of polishing would be used, different pads etc. Then sealent such as Chemical Guys Blitz or Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection. Then a wax on top, but these range massively in terms price and durability.

If you were going for a full detail there are endless products that I would use as this would include wheels, plastics, rubber seals, door shuts, lights, metal, etc etc.

Best to put up what you are trying to get out of the detail and I can either provide the start off service (basic paint correction to get rid of scratches) or provide the full detail or just a list of products for home use.

Jamie

Id be after a full detail tbh, the products im currently using are probably a million miles away from what would be ideal for my car:

Megs Shampoo,AG SRP, P21 Wax, AG EGP, AG Glass Polish, Megs Hot Tyre Shine, P21 Wheel Cleaner, Poor Boys Wheel Sealant, AG Bumper Care, Megs Scratch X

Really interested in getting a snow foam lance - seem to be very useful...

Only bit of concern I have on my car is on the rear panel that meets the boot:

DSC03233-1.jpg

Seem to have a nasty paint defect, almost looks like its going a greeny colour, noticable on sunny day quite alot, any ideas on what if any products would help??

Cheers - Really thankful for this help

The green looks like either lacquer issues or purely grimey paint.

The products you have listed are not far off at all. Perfectly acceptable to start with!

YHPM.

BMW 535D
JD - would you use a detailing spray over the top of a wax for extra gloss?

I've seen that Dawn uses Dodo red mist after applying wax

Doesn't do a lot for me, I use Megs No16 after as a final finish i.e. for any finger prints or dust. I actually wash some cars after detailing them to get rid of anything that is on them. Especially in this hot weather.

Porsche Boxster987S
JD , im also looking for some advice on what waxes/polishes to buy for the new car. I think i can 'feel' the swirls so does this mean a respray or can tcut help me out?

Cheers

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your question. T cut is probably your best option on those by the sounds of it. Here is an example what T cut can do when used correctly;

3_volkswagon.jpg

Yes this is called the "bleached" look, also known as the "down to the metal" or "down to the primer" look.