ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police have found my 172 cup!

thats a bit of a grey area right enuf,
whole point of insurance is to protect you from loss yet they dont want to know when your taking a hit of 3 grand simply because of the HPI record. ridiculous

M2 Competition
thats a bit of a grey area right enuf,
whole point of insurance is to protect you from loss yet they dont want to know when your taking a hit of 3 grand simply because of the HPI record. ridiculous

Lol £3k... find me a cup thats worth £6.5k... ?

Well to all of you that said it should be recorded thats fine. But as also said what about the money he will lose? If you dont get imbursed for the loss of you have suffered then its not very fair is it?

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i think it will only be recorded if it is damaged and the insurance company write it off or pay out on it. should get removed by the insurance company. i believe you can also have it removed yourself under the correct conditions.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
i'm guessing its not still on their drive, as you could go round and smash it up before the insurace people look at it...............

320d
ahh, thats great news, but dont think i could drive it after it got stolen.....

thats like saying you would never buy a second hand car, its no difference atall, you don't know who/how it was driven before you as will the people who buy it off you, in this 10 days it may have been ragged but i bet every owner who has had it has ragged it.

IMO of course

Glad to here you got it back bud.

Not sure if i'd have my car back after being nicked as it'll probably be hammered to f**k everywhere from cold etc etc :(

Ph2 FF 172
Maybe I should just fit a roll cage, slick tyres etc... and use it as a proper track car!!! Got nothing to lose now

You must of read my mind! If you don't want to do it, I'l give you 3.5k for it and turn it into a proper track sl@g!

Failing that... like some have already said, I'd be tempted to smash it up myself and get the insurance company to write it off. Since it's been nicked i take it your no claims has been effected anyway?

I am absolutely gutted for you man. Feels like you've been violated doesn't it!?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ahh, thats great news, but dont think i could drive it after it got stolen.....

thats like saying you would never buy a second hand car, its no difference atall, you don't know who/how it was driven before you as will the people who buy it off you, in this 10 days it may have been ragged but i bet every owner who has had it has ragged it.

IMO of course

Nail on head right there.

It's a machine, not a wife/girlfriend with feelings...and ultimately it is designed to take a lot of abuse.

I didn't tell my insurance company when mine was stolen...does that mean I'm still HPI clear then?

Irelevant though really as I'm never selling it.

172 cup
Think you should find out your rights and speak to your insurance company mate. I think there's a good chance you won't have to take the car back or at least be compensated for the drop in it's value as the whole point in insurance is that you are in the same financial position after the incident as you were before it.

Yeah, that was my point exactly!!! I have spoken briefly to my insurance company though mate and I definitely have to have the car back :( . There must be some way of being compensated though because I shouldn't have to just put up with my car dropping nearly £3k in value! Paying a £400 excess is enough! I have legal cover on my policy, maybe I can claim off the thieving scum that stole my car as someone else suggested on here earlier?! I'll enquire first thing tomorrow...

172 cup
By the way, I went to see my car today at the lock up where the police do the fingerprinting. First time I've seen it since it was stolen 10 days ago......

What a mess. Absolutely full of junk, food wrappers and clothes all over the place. There was an onion, yes an onion, in the door pocket!!! Even razor blades in the foot well! But there seemed to be very little actual damage. The alloys are wrecked, the front splitter is cracked, there's a small scratch in the rear bumper and the aerial is missing but that was about all I could see. No dents or anything. The car was filthy and I obviously couldn't check the state of the engine, tracking, suspension etc... but I've got my fingers crossed! Horrible to see your pride and joy treated like that though!

I hope that once the insurance company have paid for the repairs, I've done an oil change and it's had a valet it should still drive ok. It will never feel like the same car to me though!

Monaco 37/468
Gutting mate. Don't think I'd want it back to be honest. At least the c**t that nicked it is empty handed now and in for a screwing!

Clio 182
You can claim back the loss of value from your insurance company, there is a legal obligation for them to cover all losses to you including depreication. I remember reading it when studying a law module, can't remember where though, you could try the citizen's advice bureau - www.citizensadvice.org.uk - or ask a solicitor that deals with motoring offences or insurance fraud!

I'm pretty sure though your insurance company will do all they can to get out of it, but as long as everythings legit there shouldn't be a problem!

Good luck, hope ya get it all sorted!

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
i dont understand people who say they couldnt drive there car after its been stole or whatever? its a f**king car!!!

Youd think yous were talking about someone having a go on ur missus.

Clio 200
my corsa was stolen and recovered - was never logged on the HPI

but if you are anything like me the car just wont feel the same again when you get it back :(

Clio 200
i dont understand people who say they couldnt drive there car after its been stole or whatever? its a f**king car!!!

sorry mate but would you feel the same way if your house was burgled? someone else walking and abusing your private property a dont think so

Mini Cooper S sport
Well if my car was stolen I wouldn't want it back. I'd be gutted to see it with all the alloys knackered and junk left in it, and I'd hate to think of a bunch of scrotes ragging it when the engine's cold. I'd rather they burnt it out so I could get a replacement.

Hope you don't lose out too much, that's so sh*t.

Clio 200
Well if my car was stolen I wouldn't want it back. I'd be gutted to see it with all the alloys knackered and junk left in it, and I'd hate to think of a bunch of scrotes ragging it when the engine's cold. I'd rather they burnt it out so I could get a replacement.

Hope you don't lose out too much, that's so sh*t.

agreed, when i got mine back it had feet marks on the roof ended up with new interior front bumper, rear bumper, wheel refurb, 4 new tyres, side skirts, both doors and wings painted.

drove 50 miles and the engine fucked up insurance paid another 4.5k to fix the engine

wish it was burnt out and me given cash for something else

M2 Competition

Agreed mate, its a car. So long as its in more or less same condition.

1.8 8v RSi
glad they found your car. just try not to think about it as being stolen. so long as you dont want to change car any time soon.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Your insurance company is winding you up m8, no way will your clio be "recorded" stolen recovered on the hpi if they are going ahead with repairs of any kind.

The only thing it could go on (apart from being unrecorded) is cat X (yes it does exist as well) which is usually stolen/recovered with light damage and that would only happen if the car was taken from you and you had a payout from the insurance company.

And that shouldn't show up on a hpi check either.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
My dads M Class was stolen a while back, was scratched and had some scuffed wheels.

It was found and consequently repaired. Good as new. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I don't know why some people are so negative about getting their cars back if they were nicked.

I'd be damn upset if I got money instead of getting my car back. Especially if it was something as trivial as a kerbed wheel.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Right ive read through this again now, if you want this removing off the hpi try this asap.

Get in contact with you local poilce force's stolen car department. Then make them aware the car is no longer stolen (yes i know the police found it but they are slow in updating information between forces etc) providing evidence ie your v5 etc.

Ask them to check for it and remove it from the outstanding stolen register and that should remove it from the hpi register too.

You may have to contact renault uk who may have a outstanding stolen marker on it (stops keys or locks etc being purchased for stolen cars) as well and tell them and prove to them its been recovered - but contact the police first in case renault keep a stolen marker on it , they wont if the police marker is removed first.

As long as it no longer has any police interest in it i think only the insurance companys can see this previous stolen recovered information (it would be different if they were to pay out on a stolen recovered car) which will make it hpi clear again.

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
Did you find out how they broke into it? i probs missed a post about this but did they have a key or something.

Clio 182
Lee172_cup;4038342 I have legal cover on my policy said:
Definately call the legal cover insurance. It is there to pay for legal expenses to recoup uninsured losses. I used it years ago and got a settlement which covered all damages to my car which meant my insurer re-instated my NCB, I got back my excess, car hire costs, phone calls & even stamps for the letters I'd written. My insurer was not interested in chasing any of it as they were only having to shell out £600 to repair my car. But when I claimed on the legal cover they soon wanted in on the action to get back their £600 as well.

Seriously mate, don't take what your insurance company say as gospel. They have a interest in letting you take the car back without further compensation and they wont tell you your rights. You need to find out for yourself what your rights are.

No offence but get off your arse and speak to citizens advice or stop complaining.

All the best