ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polarised wheel bolts

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Seriously?
I'm not paying 50 sovs if they're just going to rust and end up like my current ones.

@Daniel looks like I'll be sticking the oven on 🙈
Yep.
Your best bet is to buy standard Renault ones and don't use any wheel acid, it's the acid and road salt that strips the plating and causes them to rust.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
@Joe# got some for his Megane from somewhere. They're the same holy as the 200
I got mine from Gaz (brand new).

Also had a set on my 182 for over 3 years but never had any issues with rusting. I did give them a good clean whenever the wheels were off though. A common occurrence thinking about it.. lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What are polarised bolts?
Just poncy wheel bolts...[emoji23]
ae7a727f374cd0e9f465dd280b5a6c30.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I'll be fucked if I'm paying all that money to have rusty bolts within a year.

Been told about a trick involving an oven and some used motor oil...

RB Clio 182
I really like them, surely if you just whack some wax or vaseline on them they will be fine?

It wont be the first time that you've had vaseline on your nuts mate 😂

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've run them on few cars over the years, only rust I've had is on the inside area of the locking one where the key 'squiggle' fits

AG 200 CUP
I've had mine for about 2 years only one that has a little rust is the locking one as mentioned above they where from tpi

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That was a few years back (2012/13 i think?)

Was used daily but still not good. The locking wheel bolts are quite weak. It's a shame as they look nice before they go rusty.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Had these on my Clio 182 for over 2 years and they were fine... no rust, actually one of my favourite little mods, looked really smart against the anthracite wheels :)

For my MCS I went for red Rota bolts and they're f**king shite, half the paint has come off after 6 months of usage :rage: