ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys ok ive been hav a few probs with my valver
I was getting this weird power loss when turning left and also when the car got wet (washed or heavy rain) it would almost stall on tickover.

I have changed the distributer cap and rotor fitted all new ht leads and cleaned up the plugs (which are almost new) and cleaned the idle controol valve (with carb cleaner)

Now the problem has got worse i havent tried washing it to see if it still does the weird tickover thing.
But i am still getting this weird powerloss (missfire jerky thing) when turning left and now and just noticed the cat smelling a bit when i started it up.

Any help would be so good as im now even more lost its driving me nuts!!!
Thanks

1996 Valver
If a CAT 'goes' they tend to smell of rotton egg. This would cause a general power loss.

I would check that your plug holes arn't full of water, I has this on mine once when the bonnet was left open by mistake.....this causes running problems.

As for the fault off power loss when turning left.........WOW that's a new one!
All I can think of is perhaps a vacume pipe or similar getting in the way of a moving part.....

yea ive had a look at that ive had the egg smell for a bit today lol its only did it for a while then stopped i was thinking maybe the coil pack?

1996 Valver
Hmmm, could be.... but i must admit, I think it's a uncommon fault for the coil to fail, certianly not read about it before.

I think a good look over all the pipes would be good, also a good clean up of the earths

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
without seeiing the car no one will be able to help you with this one.. if you find the car doing this outside your house, do the wiggle test. its a test where you wiggle every plug, wire, pipe, earth point etc and see if your revs drop..

its a pretty complicated test and only a trained mechanic should try it..

also check your scuttles drain holes aren't blocked, one in the middle above the exhaust.. if the rains getting down there and flooding etc it might be getting to your ECU... which is in the scuttle area?!?!

long shot, but bedroom diagnostics isn't easy you know:eek: