ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help, want new RS clio but which one?? want your pics new owners too.

late 2003 172cup
i went in to renault norwich today to get a part, and took time to look at a black f1 clio which was 2007 i got talking to a pestering sales bloke! lol, he was ok really. looked at how affordable they were compared to other hothatches. i am really up for ordering one but i dont know what to go for? he is telling me go for normal 200 clio over cup as it has more to it for extra 1k, but cup looks so much better with the spoiler and the vented wings on it. i want the recaros what ever i have, they really look the part when you look inside. then there is the gordini clio? but it dont look as nice as cup one. what ever happens i am wanting white with dark wheels or blue with white wheels, gordini no stripes too. i am 31 years old and i have always wanted to own a new car oneday. shame its at this age! lol

something else that got me was a gordini one can be white or black at no extra cost, would that not make it unique in time? also i know gordini is limited which i would like.

i basically want to know what other people have ordered/ bought, options etc? i really want the big spoiler and recaros, i think the new clios need the big spoiiler to make the back end look nice. but at the same time i want a limited clio. (gordini)

any pics welcome of any members new clios. please :)

ps) have renault got anything coming out soon? i heard a turbo twingo was coming?

but cup looks so much better with the spoiler and the vented wings on it.

200 cups don't come with any spoiler as standard, it'll be an optional extra. Both the 200 and 200 cup have the vented wings also. They both essentially look the same from the outside.

Don't bother with a Gordini, they're fooking horrid, buy a normal 200/200 cup and spend the extra money spec'ing it up to how you want it.

Just because I'm an asw, here's a couple of pics of mine ;)

Photo0457.jpg

Photo0437.jpg

Stagecoach Ticket
I would get a storm grey spec'd with;

Black speedlines
Recaro's
Black Roof

Ktec offer a really nice aftermarket spoiler that tops the cup one imo should have a look into it

I've got on order a 200 with cup chassis in glacier White, black speedlines, recaros, cornering lights, cup spoiler, and tinted glass. Bring on November!

Clio 182.
Ive just ordered a 200 cup, in white, with black speedlines, recaros and the USB/Bluetooth. I wouldnt have gone for a cup ordinarily, but the PCP deal was too good to ignore.

keo

Clio Trophy
JCC thats exactly how i would have one if i ordered one, love them in red and have only seen one and that was at the local renault garage. To be honest i havent seen many on the road, two of my mates have got white ones, the recaro's are ace, i prefer them to trophy seats they realy hold you in

V6 255
Can't have Recaro's with Gordini, so forget that one.

Gotta be a 200 with cup chassis for me, ie not a cup.

Make sure you tick the bluetooth phone and usb option. All the others are personal colour, wheels etc. I wouldn't bother with the Recaro's at £900 from Renault as they fall to bits. Buy a Leather and Alcantara set from Capital seating for £1400, then when you sell your car you can sell the seats seperate, you'll probably get £1k at least for them (battered 197 recaro's go for about £800 from what I've seen) whereas you won't get £900 more for a recaro'd 200 over normal

White ds3
iv got a liquid yellow f1 and upgraded from a 182 and love it recaros brembos and the handling is insane you get the best of both worlds with the f1 cup chase but retain all mod cons something to think about alos limited addition so should hold money beter lol

260% JCW
I used to like white, not now its common as muck. LY would be my choice, Cup pack with Speedlines and Recaro's.

Why anyone would buy a new car, then f**k about buying Recaros from another company pissing about with storing your old seats then swapping them back over again and flogging the Recaros when you get rid of it is beyond me.

V6 255
Why would a company put in seats that don't match then fall to bits? As for pissing about, 4 bolts per seat and garage:S

260% JCW
They match liquid yellow fine hence my colour choice, and do they realy fall to bits? As in you cant use them any more because there are bits of them all over your car? If this was the case im sure Renault wouldnt use them, and Recaro would recall them.

As for pissing about, f**k that. I would'nt spend 15k on a new car to f**k about ripping the seats out. Plus im sure Renault wouldnt honour your warranty ect when they realise youve been f**king with the car. ;)

260% JCW
Says the man with the silver car.

Agreed on previous comments about the Gordini, although I think they look nice, they are massively overpriced.

Think you'l find this Thread is called please help, want new RS clio but which one?? want your pics new owners too. Not lets discuss the colour of the car you own now. Just because my profile pic shows a silver car doesnt mean i own a silver car.:eek:

V6 255
Plus im sure Renault wouldnt honour your warranty ect when they realise youve been f**king with the car. ;)

Are you talking seat warranty or engine etc? I highly doubt they wouldn't not honour any warranty work because of seats. If so, at least you've got the originals to slot back in

260% JCW
Any form of warranty,

Surely playing with the seats would be classed as a modification as they are non standard (i know theyre the same technicaly). If you took the car back im sure they wold notice the non original seats. Some garages may not mind, but im sure some would be fussy. For me if i were forking out 15k its just not worth the risk. Plus if you had a smash and the airbags didnt fire for some reason the insurance company may not pay out. Your choice i guess.

V6 255
So you wouldn't modify anything on a new car. What about those who drill spoilers on, or put those side skirt things on. Different alloys?

These things don't really affect warranty. Insurance maybe, but a quick phone call sorts that out, and rarely, I've found, do they hike the price up. Suppose it's down to whether you can be bothered to do it. Risk? It's minimal at the most

260% JCW
So you wouldn't modify anything on a new car. What about those who drill spoilers on, or put those side skirt things on. Different alloys?

These things don't really affect warranty. Insurance maybe, but a quick phone call sorts that out, and rarely, I've found, do they hike the price up. Suppose it's down to whether you can be bothered to do it. Risk? It's minimal at the most

If people chose to add the Renault bits then thats up to the owner, its down to personal choice. IMO the standard 200 doesnt need glue/screw on bits. As for the wheels why spec Speedlines just to take them off for some other crap.

Most mods will effect insurance, when your young insurance is steep enough. Why f**k about with a new car.

V6 255
If people chose to add the Renault bits then thats up to the owner, its down to personal choice. IMO the standard 200 doesnt need glue/screw on bits. As for the wheels why spec Speedlines just to take them off for some other crap.

Most mods will effect insurance, when your young insurance is steep enough. Why f**k about with a new car.

I agree, the 200 doesn't need any mods. I'm only changing the seats for better ones. Luckily I'm no youth so don't need to worry about insurance

To the OP, here's pics of mine http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?523645-Pearl-White-200&highlight=Pearl+White+200

late 2003 172cup
Nice motor above.

Thanks for input, bloody missus wants the twingo now. The thing is that sporty twingo looks a lot better from the front I think personally. Shame there down a littl on power.

I really don't know what colours to go with? I did fancy gordini without stripes with the White wheels, but then I think get it in White as most are going to end up blue. Renault dealer said I could have big spoiler on gordini? He might be wrong

Well I will keep looking for photos to inspire my choice, I want to get it right. Not wish I had ordered something else.

Thanks again ;)

Da

Less
Mine -

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

Spec -

Glacier white
Cup chassis
Black Speedlines
Black exterior pack
Auto headlights/wipers
Cornering headlights
Electric folding mirrors
Carbon dash pack
Recaro seats
Cup spoiler

I would have had the RS Monitor too, but it wasn't available when I ordered the car.

late 2003 172cup
Spec -

Glacier white
Cup chassis
Black Speedlines
Black exterior pack
Auto headlights/wipers
Cornering headlights
Electric folding mirrors
Carbon dash pack
Recaro seats
Cup spoiler

I would have had the RS Monitor too, but it wasn't available when I ordered the car.[/QUOTE]

is that the normal 200 with extras or the cup?

you will hate me but i am going for the exact setup, same colour and wheels, apart from having cornering lights i am going for the grey mirrors, front trim and rear diffuser. also want the rear carbon spats, and i might have the chequered graphics near rear wheels.

are your seat belts white? and rear seats look white and black too?

looking good mate :)

Da

Less
Yes mate, it's the 'FF' 200 with the Cup suspension/chassis pack.

Rear carbon spats - what are they?

All seat belts are white yes and the rear seats are white/black :)

late 2003 172cup
Look on renaults accessories where you will see steering wheel trim and matts etc, little carbon fibre trims that go on sill near rear wheels. They look good.
I am thinking White wheels now so I will be different now. Shame Recaro's don't have White trim instead of yellow.