ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please HELP - Removing rear seats!

Hi guys, I'm in the middle of trying to remove my rear seats and this b*****d will not budge!

662e19660f6806a8dba477def9a61d93.jpg

How has everyone else managed to remove this? Proving to be a real pain!

Mx5
I've tried to remove three and failed twice. The third time I stripped the bolt and had to cut the head off. It's possible to find the bolt under the car and spray it with wd40. Then the only way I got it to move was with a star key socket attachment and extender and then the biggest ring spanner we had on the end of the socket for leverage. Even then it wasn't easy.

BG Clio 182 FF
You will never get it out with that. You'll need a proper ratchet. Soak it in WD40 everyday for 3/4 days then have a go.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I cut 2 sides off mine with a mini hacksaw then used a spanner. Complete and utter pain in the c**t

Thank you everyone for all the help/ ideas! I managed to do it in the end with this combo:
62eb0a27643273ba53b96c11fa69c5e9.jpg

The original screwdriver had a hole in the top of it (couldn't figure out for the life of me why) so I popped an alan key in there and used that for leverage and it actually worked! I even surprised myself :L

Not sure how they're so difficult, do they end up seizing? When I had my rear seats out it came out easily enough if you apply force and turn slowly (and of course don't round it).

BG182ff,explod Focus
The original screwdriver had a hole in the top of it (couldn't figure out for the life of me why)

For future reference it's for a 1/4 inch drive ratchet or T-bar.
Actually surprised you didn't have one in the kit it came with.
But yeah, it's just a long extension bar with a screwdriver handle moulded to the top.

For future reference it's for a 1/4 inch drive ratchet or T-bar.
Actually surprised you didn't have one in the kit it came with.
But yeah, it's just a long extension bar with a screwdriver handle moulded to the top.

Couldn't spot anything in the set to go with it, although saying that, I literally bought it the day I used it! I'll post a photo up at some point & you may be able to spot what I'm missing ;)