ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help. My 172 in and out of limp mode. Could this explain why? Pics included.

Can anyone help. Electrical light keeps coming on and going off in my 172! It's doing my head in now. Have searched the threads and I thought I'd have a go myself solving the problem if its easy such as insulating wires lol. Took it to the garage a month ago and these code were read but light went off before I got there:

-P120 Tps/pedal position sensor
-P130 O2 sensor bank 1
-P135 O2 sensor heater sensor malfunction bank 1 sensor 1.

Now since then I did a bodge job on the ecu wires with some tape and cable ties (don't judge it I was in a rush lol) and removed the ECU cover. Someone has definitely tried insulating the wires before me in most places.

Car ran sweet for 500 miles, so thought I'd solved it. Then came on, went off again for another 200 miles. So not bad going really but flipping annoying! Came on again this evening and went off once ignition had been turned off and on. Weird it doesn't seem to happen on the motorway luckily but always close to home!

check out the pics and let me know what you think. Also forgot to mention I cleaned all the fuses to get rod of any corrosion:

image-31.jpg

Re: Please help. My 172 in and out of limp mode. Could this explain why? Pics include

image-32.jpg

Reckon I should strip back all the tape and re-insulate?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Re: Please help. My 172 in and out of limp mode. Could this explain why? Pics include

Have you fixed the original cause of the fault codes?

No as the light went off. Just thought I would get people's opinions on here as it seems to be one of those problems where you could spend £500+ on getting a number of things replaced and it doesn't solve the problem. Honestly thought I'd fixed it. 500 miles problem free wernt't bad tbf maybe I did something?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

has the fuse box normally got a cover on it.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

i would check your wiring and get it tired and get a proper diag on it

Yeah sorry just took the cover off for the photo.