ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help me

Renault clio 1.5 dci
Al try make this this as detailed as possible right just bought a Renault Clio 2. 1.5dci went out few weeks later after leaving it sitting for for days and battery flat tried to jump it still won't start if I turn key quickly then engine will crank over for roughly 5 seconds then cut out if I just turn it to ignition on and then try start it I just hear a click from the body control unit there's no glow plug light coming the dash. av tested all relays by swapping with over ones and still same changed main glow plug relay too still no different am getting power down to glow plug relay on the side of the battery but nothing at the plugs going on to the glow plugs tried resetting battery tried cleaning all earths immobiliser light constantly flashes when key is out and when engine cracking over the light stays on with stop light av got plenty of fuel pressure am at a dead end please help me av no idea apart from replacing ecu and av just not got the money just now

Renault clio 1.5 dci
No I haven't cause if I leave just leads on it then take off it cranks just the same no loss of power to starter

1.2 dynamique TCE
hey guys new to this and don't know where to post I just bought my Clio 1.2 tce in silver and was wanting some silver rubbing strips, can you buy them silver or do you have to paint them? ultra novice at things like this as its my first car, any help will be great

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Damn please use punctionation next time, it's very hard to follow your story this way (original description).

@luke-howie
Please create a new thread instead of hijacking this thread.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Go to the correct subforum and click the Post New Thread button in the bottom right of the page. Hey presto :cool:

Clio 2.0 16v 182
image.jpg

Not really familiar with deisels (devils work) but if you can find the crankshaft sensor, give it a clean and try again. Should be above the gearbox and under the air filter.

Renault Clio 182
Hi if the immobiliser light is staying on when cranking then that is your fault, it will not give live to the glow plugs/injectors because of that.

Does you plip work locking and unlocking the doors?

BMW 330D
Hi guys,

I am new to this and it my first ever post in the car forum world in all the years I have been messing around with cars, not sure where to post this and I believe I have a similar problem to danny danny, however desperate times need desperate measures so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I brief bit of info, I purchased a 2002 clio 172 with timing belt failure to make into a track, due to the extent of the damage I sourced a new engine with only 62k on the clock happy days. Anyway replaced timing belt along with a new dephaser while the engine was out to be sure, now for the not so good part.

Fitted the new engine In the car and re loomed everything all seemed ok, I then tried to start the car and nothing as if it's completely dead.

Checked all the basics battery, starter motor etc still nothing.

When I put the key in the ignition the immobiliser light stays solid red and doesn't go out as I believe it should correct me if I'm wrong, the car is also fitted with a factory upgrade sigma m32 immobiliser but I dont think this is the problem and I intend on removing this as it's not required anyway.

The central locking and everything works fine all lights illuminate on the dash, although I think there may be a bad earth somewhere as when I remove the key some lights still stay faintly lit after.

I was hoping for some ideas where to start next if any of you guys have had a similar problem, the engine was out of the car for around 2 months along with the battery so not sure if any settings ECU/BCU could be lost.

please help think I have aged a couple of years trying to resolve the problem.

Renault Clio 182
With the interior light acting like that it sounds to me like that uch (located up behind glove box) is nakerd, this was a common sign when they have failed.

Renault Clio 182
There's not a way of checking it 100% apart from stripping it an checking for visual damage. I would put good money on your fault being that though. I've taken some pics today of how to remove an check and I will post a thread when I get home on how to do this. Also adding some other interesting info. That's if nobody has already done this?