ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation Vita

AG 200 cup
Re: PSP vita

Was going to get one but saving for le mans now. Might get one when they get cheaper.

172cup

its never too late, only if they came up with something actually playable and enjoyable instead being annoying like the older model.
This time i want to make sure to try it before buying.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

We have 2 psp's that have hardly been used. Tbh if I fancied gaming on the move I would use my iPhone, I'm not bothering with the vita tbh

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Even an insider at Sony has been quoted saying it'll be a flop. LOL.

Way too pricey with way too little TP support.

Octy VRS

I won't be getting one, although I hate gaming on phones without any buttons etc. Unless it's Angry Birds or some simple swipe game.

1. Too expensive
2. Battery life poor (I'm used to 10+ hours with the iPad, 3-4hrs just isn't going to cut it)
3. Price of games
4. Loading times (40-50 seconds per track on Wipeout, apparently)

The 'console in a handheld' concept has never really worked, or at the very least has been hammered by cheaper, genuinely portable devices, history is littered with examples (Lynx, Game Gear, Nomad).

182 ff

had a go in game yesterday ( they have one in every game shop till its launch ) and i must say its the f**king dogs fangles it really is, dont quite see what there trying to do thou?? take away the ps3 market etc ?

I'd love one to play ridge racer gt gta on one

The iPad/iPhone just lack the precession on complex games IMO

Just not for 200 + :(

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

the graphics aren't actually far off PS3, so I wouldn't mind a gander. Don't really fancy paying for one though...I like to have a selection of games on my platforms of choice lol

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

I'm putting it on my xmas list, just so I can have a new gadget to play with

Not exactly desparate for another portable gaming machine

DC2 Black Type Rx
I work at GAME head office and have one on my desk at the mo.

They are a nice bit of kit but its priced pretty rich. Had some good trade in prices if you have a 3DS. Uncharted 3 is as good as it is on the PS3, WipEout is pretty cool and reality fighters is really cool!

Clio 1.2 16V
If it were cheaper then id be sold, cant justify it though just yet anyway. Loved the original PSP though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Had a go on Wipeout on a launch machine last week. Pretty impressive.

Huge pricetag though. 100% not worth it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The majority of that lot could be fixed by a simple firmware update.

The proprietary lead, apple anyone?

Comparing it to angry birds, it's a ps3 quality handheld games machine.....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mobile gaming is never serious enough to warrant anything more than a phone or an iPod touch like device these days.

It will fail, because its another device to carry and the games wont compete with iOS/Android prices. (even if they are better, which they probably are)The rest of the market has been devoured by the DS.

Personally i don't know why Sony bothered wasting time on this.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
That review is horrendous, can't believe Sony are still using proprietary cables for charging :/

Even my Playbook can multitask!

AG 200 cup
Just purchased one after trying not to and the review at the top of the page really tries to find the bad points. Got f1 and FIFA wth it f1 graphics are questionable and look like psp graphics but FIFA is miles better then anything on ios and android. You can charge with USB aswell and multitask, when pausing a game you go back to the "dashboard" and go on anything else then up back into the game were you left off.

Mountune Tractor
Mobile gaming is never serious enough to warrant anything more than a phone or an iPod touch like device these days.

It will fail, because its another device to carry and the games wont compete with iOS/Android prices. (even if they are better, which they probably are)The rest of the market has been devoured by the DS.

Personally i don't know why Sony bothered wasting time on this.

So true, this thing is going to be a massive fail. Should have pumped the money into developing the new playstation and converting people from XBL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely.

This money should have been pumped into revising PSN/SEN/Whateverit'scalledthisweek.

I'd buy another PS3 if the online play was better. Some good-looking titles coming this year!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. The Last of Us looks mint though.

I'd never play any non-exclusives though, I can't handle that pad.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I was a die hard playstation fan. I've had every playstation ever released apart from the vita, even upgrading to the slim line versions of the consoles when they were released.

To me, it looks like Sony have been going down hill for a while. The ps3 wasn't upto scratch IMO and the vita Is a product aimed at a market that is already full of better, capable devices for entertainment whilst on a commute etc. it's going to flop and flop in a huge way, I will probably never buy a playstation / Sony device again.

Yellow 197
Bought one the other day, better than I thought tbh only got fifa at the moment but its really good, think I might get f1 or maybe uncharted, any ideas when MW comes out for it?