ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation Vita

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It infuriates me that the far, far superior hardware of devices such as this, gets backed up by literally zero support from the manufacturer.

My hacked original PSP device literally pissed all over the rival DS device and was even better when running off the memory stick, rather than the flawed UMD. Sony shouldn't have even been pissing about getting films onto UMD. Who cares? Much like trying to watch a film on a bloody mobile phone - why?

Sony missed the boat. People didn't want clever, good-looking and deep game titles. They preferred to click imaginary dogs and 'interact' with them on their 40x32 pixel screen.

Sony could retake the lead with the hand-held device market in a very short space of time. Allow open source, allow Android. Ditch stupid ideas that appeal to 5 people and if that fails - dish out the SDKs and stop being so pretencious about their 'sacred' devices.

Until they actually listen to what people want - they will trial behind - perhaps into withdrawal from the games market altogether.

D.

Picked up a Vita yesterday with Virtua Tennis, FIFA and Need for Speed Most Wanted. Loving it, the vast majority of my gaming is on the iPad now (puzzlers, adventure games and physics type stuff) but obviously the lack of controls doesn't cater for sports titles too well, so the Vita has filled that hole nicely. The Vita, 3 games and 8gb card cost £230, and I traded in a whole bunch of Wii and 360 games I no longer play, which took it down to £130.

It has it's flaws, and 3hrs of use before it needs a charge is hard to stomach once you're used to an iPad, but purely as a gaming device it's top notch. I will only be using mine at home on the sofa/in bed, and my iPad is always there for web/email, so the vast majority of flaws are non issues to me.

As a bonus Playstation Plus was launched yesterday and it's a fantastic deal, £40 a year and you get 4 games per month free amongst discounts and other stuff, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Mutant Blobs are in month one, so you can easily cover your costs within the first month if you play through Uncharted and one other.

Last edited: