ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation Now

dk

911 GTS Cab
this is sounding rather good, was shown at CES and is going to launch in the US this year, with europe next year (boooo)

Being able to play the last of us or GTAV on my PS4 would be excellent as long as the cost is sensible, especially as i already own both games.

But on a vita apparently it was flawless, although i bet they had a nice big pipe to supply it.

Will also make its way into Sony TVs and onto iPhones eventually is the plan.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Sounds great! Hope i can upload my saves from ps3.

Yaris Hybrid
Tried these types of things before. You see noticeable compression artifacts and there is input lag.

The older/cr*pper the graphics and the less reflex based a game is the better the experience will be but it is still very much a second rate experience versus emulation or just keeping your feckin old consoles in the first place if you wanted to play your old games!

Yeah I regret selling my 360/PS3 as there aren't any games worth playing on the new consoles that I can't play on my PC anyway. But if I were to do anything I'd buy a second hand 360/PS3 rather than using such a service.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Tried these types of things before. You see noticeable compression artifacts and there is input lag.

The older/cr*pper the graphics and the less reflex based a game is the better the experience will be but it is still very much a second rate experience versus emulation or just keeping your feckin old consoles in the first place if you wanted to play your old games!

Yeah I regret selling my 360/PS3 as there aren't any games worth playing on the new consoles that I can't play on my PC anyway. But if I were to do anything I'd buy a second hand 360/PS3 rather than using such a service.
how can you write something off that you haven't even used yet?

have you even read a review or seen a clip, digital spy played with it at CES and said last of us (one of the prettiest games on PS3) looked pretty much exactly like playing it on a PS3, only some colour saturation was lowered.

[video]http://bcove.me/ryzs466g[/video]

Yaris Hybrid
Well a number of points.

Yes if they are clever with the compression (at the cost of greater minimum internet service requirements for users) they could reduce the artifacts I saw on other services I used. That is the easiest problem to solve without a doubt.

However............as for what Digital Spy saw at a trade show - firstly it is at a trade show so I don't trust that what was on show will be representative of real world experiences at real distances with the real load of all the users on line at the same time as well as ISP's traffic management d*cking around with your connection.

Secondly loads of journalists in this country had Xbox Ones for review purposes a number of weeks before launch and not one of them spotted that it juddered on 50hz TV broadcasts. So I am not going to get all hyped up about about the opinions of blokes that only briefly experienced something in a trade show environment.

Forget the artifacts though, the real killer is latency. Unless they are putting their data centre in my back garden, the input lag will be even worse than playing games on your TV without putting it into Game Mode.

Of course TLoU is a great game for hiding input lag as whilst I thoroughly enjoyed it I could not help agreeing with a lot of people in that the controls were pretty sluggish and unresponsive. I dare say you wouldn't notice the difference with that game. If I wanted to demonstrate cloud gaming to the public that would be the game I would pick.

Don't get me wrong, I really really really wish this stuff would work perfectly but sadly the technology isn't there to make it as responsive as saying using your Vita as a second screen on PS4. Still as I said; depends what games you play on playing on it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well a number of points.

Yes if they are clever with the compression (at the cost of greater minimum internet service requirements for users) they could reduce the artifacts I saw on other services I used. That is the easiest problem to solve without a doubt.

However............as for what Digital Spy saw at a trade show - firstly it is at a trade show so I don't trust that what was on show will be representative of real world experiences at real distances with the real load of all the users on line at the same time as well as ISP's traffic management d*cking around with your connection.

Secondly loads of journalists in this country had Xbox Ones for review purposes a number of weeks before launch and not one of them spotted that it juddered on 50hz TV broadcasts. So I am not going to get all hyped up about about the opinions of blokes that only briefly experienced something in a trade show environment.

Forget the artifacts though, the real killer is latency. Unless they are putting their data centre in my back garden, the input lag will be even worse than playing games on your TV without putting it into Game Mode.

Of course TLoU is a great game for hiding input lag as whilst I thoroughly enjoyed it I could not help agreeing with a lot of people in that the controls were pretty sluggish and unresponsive. I dare say you wouldn't notice the difference with that game. If I wanted to demonstrate cloud gaming to the public that would be the game I would pick.

Don't get me wrong, I really really really wish this stuff would work perfectly but sadly the technology isn't there to make it as responsive as saying using your Vita as a second screen on PS4. Still as I said; depends what games you play on playing on it.
I just think you should see what it's like before you write it off.

the service will be out in the US a year before it hits here, so we'll know what it's like, and yes, it's blatantly aimed at the virgin 120mb users, but then broadband is getting quicker and quicker every year, it won't be long before we have LAN speeds, we already have crazy speeds on mobile phones, and this service is destined to be played on mobile phones using a 4g signal.