ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playing with a TT on the east lancs

Weds night about 10;40 near worsley an iceburg phase 2 keeping up with a 3.2 TT, sounded like it had a fruity exhuast too

went well

Iceburg 172FF
That was me, was it a red TT? Dont think he was going for it as I was keeping up and was 3 up but still had fun anyway :)

Iceburg 172FF
Really? I know they are quite heavy but still woulda thought they would be quite a bit quicker. Mines not standard but nothing more than a remap, ITG, cat back and decat. Still know what I would rather be sat in though :p

LY 200
LOL - And my 182 does 135 standard but whether i get anywhere near it is another story!

Top speeds are irrelivant....When was the last time you did 151 mph on a 'private road' out of interest?

Iceburg 172FF
I wasnt gaining on him and he wasnt pulling away from me upto 100kmph thats when the ex shouted at me to slow down but im sure after that he woulda pulled away quite easily. Lovely cars anyway!

yeah they only really show an advantage above 100mph, he was trying cos he came flying past me at the previous lights, would have joined in but had my mother in the car as we'd been out for dinner and i'd had a glass of wine, how civilised lol

197 f1 r27
Kept up with a 3.2 quatro a3 down the motorway upto a decent speed. Know the tt is lighter but still think it would be close.

Had a few tussles with Audi TT's in my previous Cup and pulled significantly on them, saying that though majority of those tussles the guys driving them looked like the executive business type and probably couldn't drive.

The 3.2 A3's are gash, nowhere near as fast as an S3, so maybe this is the same? Pushing it a bit racing on the East Lancs in Worsley!

Same engine in the R32, 250 bhp. Gives around 165bhp per tonne in the TT which isn't far off what a Clio Sport has. However it delivers the power differently and I'd imagine it has a fair amount of torque

Z4
As said, 172 is around 160bhp/ton, tt 3.2 is 165bhp/ton so there's nowt in it in the real world. Saying that, if you had passengers yours should have got pasted..nevermind!

I've got a 225 and had a play with another 225 yesterday on some private duel carrageway ;) I spanked him as he wasn't driving it properly! How I dont know...

My cup is definitely a little bit quicker than my tt, once it's been mapped that will change though.

172 Cup
I was toying with a 3.2tt in my 172 cup down the a303 on the way back from gatwick a few weeks back... 1 up each...good fun. not much in it under 100 mph, after that he slowly slid away.
But who wants to hammer down the road that fast? im happy blowing people to 70 then tickling the brakes to let them know im out...hehe