ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Play in steering. Track rods?

Got picked up on the last MOT and I must admit the steering doesn't seem it's best. Seems a little more slack when turning right.

Today I jack the passenger side up and tried rocking the wheel side to side. Their did seem a little play. Same test on the drivers side I found a lot more play. Didn't have time to inspect the outer track rod ends but looking through the wheel it did seem the rod had movement t near the rack.

Does this sound like inner track rod ends?is a cup packed 182 any different to the other 172/182's?

Thanks

Clio Campus Sport
how much is it costing to get new steering rods , hit some black ice the other day full right hand lock on the the car ended up going on straight hit a kerb feels like ive bent the steering rods when the car is in full lock there is a rocking sounds or a grating sound dosnt sound healthy

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Prices from Adam@Wolverhampton Renault.

Lower arm wishbones £60 each
Track rod ends £37.94 each
Track rods arms/ boots £40.86 each
TRE nuts £1.02 each
Lower arm pinch bolt £4.20 each
pinch bolt nuts £1.62 each
Front wheel bearings £59.68 each
Lower arm bush mounting bolts £6 each
lower arm mounting bolt nuts £1.80 each

Clio Campus Sport
Prices from Adam@Wolverhampton Renault.

Lower arm wishbones £60 each
Track rod ends £37.94 each
Track rods arms/ boots £40.86 each
TRE nuts £1.02 each
Lower arm pinch bolt £4.20 each
pinch bolt nuts £1.62 each
Front wheel bearings £59.68 each
Lower arm bush mounting bolts £6 each
lower arm mounting bolt nuts £1.80 each
Cheers i got my old man to have a look today he said its the wheel bearing so going to change the. Tomorrow if ive got time