ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

plastic type burning smell

Clio 182 FF RB
This started suddenly yesterday as i was driving home, it was ok at first but once the car heated up about 20 mins after id started the car i smelt a really strong burning plastic smell coming from somewhere, didnt realise it was my car at first but as i drove on it got worse and worse so i parked up and got out, walked around the car, opened the bonnet but the smell seemed to get stronger as i walked towards the rear wheels....left it for the night and drove home today (took about 15 mins) couldnt smell it from inside but when i got out again the smell was there once more, in the same area....does anyone have a clue what this could be as its got me really worried, i dont want to keep driving round only to damage my car more :dapprove:

Clio 182 FF RB
its ok found out the problem now lol not a melted tesco bag, a melted something though, jus gunna have to drive round with my windows open till it melts away coz otherwise ill die of plastic fumes hehe.