ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastic Tray Scrapping Floor Clio 172

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Hello
Random question but earlier today decided to do a highspeed run in my 172 on the way back suffice to say it was circa 145 indicated leptons. Anyway shortly after heard a scrapping noise and thought oh s**t anyway got home and noticed at the front of my car they is some plastic cover that is hanging down and appears to have cracked where it has hit the ground. Will grab a picture tomorrow but can only assume is just some sort of plastic cover to stop mud is fairly large located near the front passenger side wheel/engine. Is this important? Or can I just unscrew the one bit holding it on and leave it as it is...
Thanks
Greg

Golf GTD Mk7
Sounds like the arch liner, nothing important really. Just stops crap getting into the engine bay.

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Yeah we have a very decent downhill stretch that allows a good rate of leptons to be reached on the A5 just past Tamworth on a flat road they seem to run out at 140 leptons on the optimistic leptometer...
And cheers everyone have removed it and looks to be some sort of protector from dirt for the floor will try and order a new one just for piece of mind from the stealers as this one looks far too fucked to try and repair.

120d M Sport
Alright mate, it's Alex. That sounds like your sump gaurd mate, held on by 4 10mm bolts. I'd try and pick one up second hand off one that's being broken on here, Renault will probably charge you the earth for it, even though it's just a big lump of plastic.

Clio 172 RS2
Remove it! ;)

On the topside it holds a foam insert supposedly to catch oil/fluids...
(when i removed mines it was pretty weighed down with accumulated oil, sand and muc. Binned that foam piece and the plastic tray is lying underneath my removed engine cover)

yeah bin it.. i had similar happen to me once but mine was the little bit which connects to the bumper and undertray.. needless to say it smashed off and i just ran the car without that or the under tray