ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Planned Project..need some advice!

Clio Dynamique Noir
I have a 1.2 Clio Dynamique and at the moment it is completely standard..other than the sound system! I really want a clio 182 but i am 18 and the cheapest quote i have got on one is about £6000, as a named driver!! So i have accepted the fact that I'm guna have to wait a few more years before I can get one so Im thinkin im going to smarten' up my car! Ive got a lot of things planned but need a bit of help...

Planned changes:

- Lower car with Apex Lowering Kit from K-Tec Racing
- Refurb and respray standard alloys
- Spray drum breaks
- New Tyres (probably toyo t1-r's)
- Colour code grey 'bits' (Bumpers, door handles etc)
- Sport front grill
- HID lights
- Window tints
- Smoked indicator covers with silver bulbs
- New carpet mats

Any thoughts on that list?...
The things that I need a bit of help/advice on are lowering the car..is there anyone that could help me fit the lowering kit because k-tec want a further £100 to fit them, or should I just pay this so that its done properly? :) Is it possible to colour code the plastic parts myself as i got a quote for £400 to do it! Also is it possible to spray the drums because theyre proper rusted and look horrible! I should start on this list very soon! :D
Thanks for reading

Clio 200 cup
I had a apex 60mm springs on mine to start with, but in all honesty you'll just want it lower! I ended up getting coilovers instead lol! I have my springs still if your anywhere near Southampton area :)

Monaco
I have some cheap coilovers (£100) in the for sale section. I started with springs, said I'd never want coilovers - Doesn't happen :approve:

Just black hammerite on your drums mate.

and If you've got a capable mate, suspension only takes a couple hours to swap over

Low 'n' Slow
Defo go for coilovers over springs. I made this mistake and ended up getting coilovers as i wanted to go lower. We also fitted them in a street with an argos jack and axel stands. Was surprised at how easy it was to be honest. I thought it would be a much harder job as i'm not the most mechanical person in the world.

Clio Dynamique Noir
What colour is the car? Get some flicks up

Black...i dont have any good photos. ie ones that havent been taken off my crappy phone camera..so when its sunny ill give it a good clean and get some pics up!
Sorry im not great with cars :) but are these not coilovers or are they just lowering springs? These are what I was going to buy..
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1791&appid=4
How much are coilovers?

I had a apex 60mm springs on mine to start with, but in all honesty you'll just want it lower! I ended up getting coilovers instead lol! I have my springs still if your anywhere near Southampton area :)
Cheers matey but im not sure what i want just yet,lol but if you still have them when i decide then ill let you know!

I have some cheap coilovers (£100) in the for sale section. I started with springs, said I'd never want coilovers - Doesn't happen :approve:

Just black hammerite on your drums mate.

and If you've got a capable mate, suspension only takes a couple hours to swap over

Again im not too sure what i want just yet..are the ones your selling any good? :) Is black hammerite just a paint? And I dont have a capable mate..lol Is £100 a lot to swap over the supsension then?

Sorry for all the quotes! But thanks for the replies!

e92 330i
The apex kit from k tec is just springs and dampers. Rokkor do coilovers for the non sports on ebay (and few people are selling them on here iirc) at around £168 now. Apprently they're great for the money. although if you go very low i think you may need camber bolts ( £40 from k tec). V-maxx do coilovers also for the non sport but your looking at £399.

Hammerite is just paint yes, halfrauds do it :)

Clio Dynamique Noir
The apex kit from k tec is just springs and dampers. Rokkor do coilovers for the non sports on ebay (and few people are selling them on here iirc) at around £168 now. Apprently they're great for the money. although if you go very low i think you may need camber bolts ( £40 from k tec). V-maxx do coilovers also for the non sport but your looking at £399.

Hammerite is just paint yes, halfrauds do it :)

Sorrry whats the difference between just the springs and dampers and coilovers? How do the Rokkor's compare to the V-maxx's?
Oh right might have to take a trip down to my local halfrauds ;) Do i have to sand down the exisiting paint/rust or just spray it straight on? Cheers

320d
I wouldn't bother with the tints personally mate. It just cheapens the look of the car in my opinion.

Plans sound good though mate.