ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Planet Earth coming to HD-DVD

dk

911 GTS Cab
unfortunately it only seems to be announced that it is being made available in the US, they are launching the BD, HD-DVD and SD on the same day in April, the high def version will be expensive to at $99.

commentary has been replaced by signourney weaver but it says you can still have attenborough as an extra.

really wanted this but after no announcement before christmas i asked for the sd boxset, but i don't think i will be able to hold back purchasing this, its what HD is all about!

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/01/1...planet-earth-to-blu-ray-dvd-and-hd-dvd-april/

Fiat Panda 100hp
commentary has been replaced by signourney weaver but it says you can still have attenborough as an extra.
Why isnt it attenborough as standard, surly the series in a English one?

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes but i guess a yank commentating on a US showing of the program is going to feel more at home.

The series was made with a collaboration of the BBC and the discovery channel I think.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
agree mate, I've just got my Jarhead HD-DVD, tried it out tonight, some of the objects in it you swear were right in front of you and you could pick them up.

dk

911 GTS Cab
agree mate, I've just got my Jarhead HD-DVD, tried it out tonight, some of the objects in it you swear were right in front of you and you could pick them up.
is it that good, someone at work asked me if i wanted to buy his copy today as he ordered it by acident thinking he could play it on a normal dvd player, and hes one of our technical consultants........the shame of it lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
well i've only watched a few mins of it and its the only HD-DVD i've ever seen, so can't compare it to any other, I'm going to watch it fully at the weekend, the film itself (if you haven't seen it) isn't actually that great a film (no action in it at all really) it was just best out of a bad bunch that was in stock at play.com

Fiat Panda 100hp
I didnt know that one needed a HD DVD player to play HD DVDs, are they expensive? link to a good one?

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I have some episode caps from BBC-HD and they are absolutley stunning. The retail versions should be at least as good. I would have had an x-box HD-DVD drive for my PC but my damn 7800GTX doesn't support HDCP :mad:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I have some episode caps from BBC-HD and they are absolutley stunning. The retail versions should be at least as good. I would have had an x-box HD-DVD drive for my PC but my damn 7800GTX doesn't support HDCP :mad:
HDCP isn't being used so no problem, you can add the 360 HD-DVD addon to a PC.

Revels Mum & Sister
HDCP isn't being used so no problem, you can add the 360 HD-DVD addon to a PC.

You would think so, bit not the case. I tried this and computer says no, you can get round it by using the a VGA cable rather than DVI, or use a DVI-VGA adaptor

I shall be buying the HD Planet Earth

SLK 350
Whats the point having HD if you can only use it via a VGA cable :-/

Seems lame, sure i've seen folk on Hexus talking about this, saying how they have it working etc.