ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pistonheads dicussion about clios

mk1 Octavia VRS
Nice! That was at the trackday last Thursday which I was at along with a few other CSers.

Renault's LY Clio V6 also made it round the track for a few laps.

Suzuki Jimny
I'm pretty shocked that they allowed the show cars to be used on track, especially after seeing them at CSS looking immaculate!

Nice writeup tbh, don't think the 172 cup warrants it's own version, the Trophy is the "ph2" boss imo.

• gregf40 3 hours ago
    My 197 F1 is as much fun to drive 90% of the time as my F40 is. I absolutely love it.
I'm more impressed than that, though not surprised as you can't really take advantage of an F40 on public roads, and certainly wouldn't want to with it's cost..

Can't believe that Williams only has 3k on it and was regged in 2006! Amazed they let him drive it round tbh.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I find it strange people choose the 197-200, they look badass etc but the sales are surely dwarfed buy the 172-182.. Are the public mad for not buying more of them?

Would be nice to see the sales figures in the UK for the r5gtt, Clio 16v/w1lly, 172/182, 197/200, and the new thing..

Inferno 182 & Saxo
read that this morning, its all personal preference which one people prefer but I think PH do seem to have a hard on for the 197/200s. That said taking that Williams on track on 20 year old hard rubber is a tad silly its not going to drive as it should do and I bet there were terrified of stacking it!

I've not been able to view pistonheads on my phone for weeks. Some sort of proxy error message each time!

I think the reason more 200's wern't sold was partly down to the recession and also they wern't that cheap brand new and fuel consumption etc went down not up compared to the previous version and the speed was more or less the same. The handling though is in another league...

Yeah the 172 was silly cheap compared to the competition and substantially quicker than most so sold well to a wide audience.
The 197 was a niche product, fair enough good on track, but for a road car, thirsty, hard work and too expensive.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
When they compare they never take money into account. For £2000-£3000 is a very hard package to beat. 197-200 for some reason have never done it for me.

clio 182 trophy
I think the Clio is an awesome car! Understeer would be imo its weak point as standard and the hateful driving position.

clio 182 trophy
I think the Clio is an awesome car! Understeer would be imo its weak point as standard and the hateful driving position.
To understeer on the road would mean you are seriously pushing. Like 60mph around a tight roundabout pushing. Shows how capable they are. It is the fun factor of the car too which is a very strong point. Driven loads of technically faster cars that have bored me to tears.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Really? That's one thing I've never had an issue with on clios.

(The under steer, I'll agree with you about the crap driving position)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Sh*t tyres give you understeer, put decent rubber on them and they turn in like a house fly,
unless you're going too fast of course but that's down to sh*t driving rather than the car.

I have a non cupped car on ditch finders. I'll be using rainsport 3's as of the day after tomorrow so we'll see what they are like.

clio 182
Don't like the new one like my 182 with ps3 tyres and its booked in for andy to turbo it I will like it even more lol

BG Clio 182
Ditchfinders will turn any good handling car to crap. Only minor complaints I have about my clio are the strange driving position (which I got used to quickly) and the fit and finish of the interior is just not up to the standards of the German cars I have owned (to be accepted and I don't really have a problem with it)