ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piper cams advice.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Done a few hours using the search box and the posts are outdated so my question...

What's people's opinions/experience with piper cams for the f4r these days? Are they still the tappety racket they were previously and are they still regrinds?

Thanks

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Done a few hours using the search box and the posts are outdated so my question...

What's people's opinions/experience with piper cams for the f4r these days? Are they still the tappety racket they were previously and are they still regrinds?

Thanks

I've had a set, can't say they were noisey/tappety at all.
They're blanks but some of there lower spec (fast road) one are available as reprofiles.
Was impressed with them to be honest, car had plenty of poke through the rev range and sounded pretty savage.
Sure, there's better options out there but bang for buck they're not bad at all.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
I've had a set, can't say they were noisey/tappety at all.
They're blanks but some of there lower spec (fast road) one are available as reprofiles.
Was impressed with them to be honest, car had plenty of poke through the rev range and sounded pretty savage.
Sure, there's better options out there but bang for buck they're not bad at all.
Yeah you can't argue with the price compared to Cat Cams!.. Seriously tempted by them :)... There's 3 different profiles that I've seen. I'm looking something similar to the 438's

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah you can't argue with the price compared to Cat Cams!.. Seriously tempted by them :smile:... There's 3 different profiles that I've seen. I'm looking something similar to the 438's

You'd want BP285's then I think chap, pretty sure they're around £400 and are definetly blanks not regrinds.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I have new 285s, sound very tappety, but no hindrance on performance at all. When I arrived at rs tuning for the map they new instantly that it was pipers, they noted they were the only cams that do this in the Clio........

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah spotted that. I've had a price for the cams to be fitted and a rough price on mapping. It's how much second hand cams in good condition are.