ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures from my 172 clio with new kit

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Wow (picks jaw up off of floor) I like the body kit, very impressive/extreme, not sure on the inside.

Hmmmm well there are 2 things which really need sorting

Get some bigger wheels and lower it more

Sort out that boot install, its a mess

Body kit is ok, personally i wouldnt have chosen it., 172 are nice enough as it is. Is the side skirt painted, cos it looks a completey different colur the rest of it.

Sorry to be so critical, its just my opinions, its nothing personal.

I THINK ITS BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree, colour id a bit iffy!

you must get some odd looks driving in town with that!!!!

Actually, looks like it could be BATWOMANS car......just to nip down to teh local for some milk in a jiffy!

hi,

the colour the skirts are painted is actually good painted but when you stand in front of the car it looks like another colour and when you watch it from a different position everything is ok..

the install was placed a few hours before the picture was taken so everything will be ok in the coming days.. first i need a .... to give power to my playstation 2 ( i dont know the name of that thing right now :)) )

i waited with lowering the car and also changing the tyres because i wanted to see how the kit would fit with standard wheels but like you guys said LOWERING the car and CHANGING the size of the weels has to be done in the future.. by the way the local Renault dealer told me that lowering your car also as replacing the standard wheels will cause trouble because of the ESP.. is this true???

ps. : JonL --> your critics,opinions and advices are welcome ;))

Quote: Originally posted by LefTie on 21 September 2002

hi,

the colour the skirts are painted is actually good painted but when you stand in front of the car it looks like another colour and when you watch it from a different position everything is ok..

the install was placed a few hours before the picture was taken so everything will be ok in the coming days.. first i need a .... to give power to my playstation 2 ( i dont know the name of that thing right now :)) )

i waited with lowering the car and also changing the tyres because i wanted to see how the kit would fit with standard wheels but like you guys said LOWERING the car and CHANGING the size of the weels has to be done in the future.. by the way the local Renault dealer told me that lowering your car also as replacing the standard wheels will cause trouble because of the ESP.. is this true???

ps. : JonL --> your critics,opinions and advices are welcome ;))

Silver Fabia vRS

I like the front splitters and the back with the 4 exhaust VX220 style look cool. Not sure about the spoiler and side skirts but each to their own and its good to see someone finally modding a MK2 seriously.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Nice car mate, good job. By the way, what is the thing under your passenger glove box? Equaliser? Also is this car from the continent?

Hon

im from holland indeed :) and the thing under the glove box is a playstation 2, it stands on some glass, i think its called fiberglass???

GR7

Shiny red R32

LefTie

Where in Holland? I have a couple of friends in Amsterdam and another friend in Zwolle.

Quote: Originally posted by shaun on 21 September 2002

Well done for trying but i dont think you have done the car justice.

sorry

:) you should hear the sound of the car, believe me he is enjoying every mile i ride :)

erm, i like the zaust holes, with the quad vert style, deffo looks mean from the rear - but the side skirts need help badly - maybe u could get them smoothed in or something. or how about v6 style skirts? with vents...mmmmmmmmmm

gota get rid of the splitters matey - too 90s for me lol get a nice low slung grilled up bumper - maybe something jap style. with some of that crazy mesh that aussie gold scooby had on the cover of max power

and deffo bigger wheels, 18s if poss but 17s are needed real baaad. plus get it dropped some too.

install done really bother me much - long as it sounds good who cares what u acn see lol

Ray

p.s, indeed good to see someone goin the whoole hog with the 172

Quote: Originally posted by BUTRE on 22 September 2002

Any engine mods? ... keep the fiber glass of the race.

only a k&n filter kit.. i am looking for a company who can modify my engine without losing my 2 jears garantee at Renault..

you cant..............

and engine mods on the F4R, especially the fly by wire......hard to do. you will need to get really serious with the injection/inlet system if you want power.

Saying that though, our develiopment clio cup race car has just gained about 40bhp on new TBs and renault sport race cam.........

it was in teh papers (Hong Kong) last week!

i still have a question guys/girls, i hope someone can answer me..

i asked renault about it but they didnt recommended me..

My car has ESP, i asked renault if it is possible to put some spacers between my wheels and take some 17 " wheels without the esp causing some trouble, they told me that the ESP computer will be confused because you change the whole wheel system..

is this true, i hope you guys can understand my story..

btw i bought some h&r stuff to lower the car for about 3 cm, its needed bad i know :)

Silver Fabia vRS

I would have thought that as long as you keep the rolling radius the same all should be well for the ESP? I dont have it fitted but went from 195/45 R16 wheels to 205/40 R17 wheels and there is no difference in acceleration at all.

Quote: Originally posted by NowhereMan on 23 September 2002

Cool, bought my RS at the same dealer :)

Just wondering, where did you get all the bodywork done? Is it from Prima Sport?

bodywork bought in belgium, its carzone specials stuff