ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of the new toy

Polo GTi
Just picked it up today, awesome machine and loud as f**k, even pops flames like the Williams 8)

128_2836.jpg

Cupra
Nice looking bike. See an orange Buell with 4 exhausts fly by me every day on the way to work. Sounds mental!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i like buells. look cool. i think bmw do belt driven bikes too tbh.

Polo GTi
Cheers for the comments guys, its a marmite bike you either love it or hate it, good job i love it.

Yeah they are all belt driven, Buell are owned by Harley Davidson, which typically do run belt drives, and the Buells run a modfied Harley engine, sounds insane, I'll try and get some vids of it idleing, it sounds immense.

Polo GTi
so what is the spec? 1 litre? 0-60 or 100 mph?

The bike is nowhere near the speed of an equivalent engined sized Jap bike, but as its the first bike I dont fancy a speed machine, I wanted something a little different.

Specs below, copied and pasted...

Engine: 984cc Air/oil/fan-cooled, four-stroke, 45 degree V-Twin
Valve Train: OHV, two valves per cylinder, self adjusting
Torque: 70 ft-lb @ 5500 rpm
Horsepower: 92 hp @ 7500 rpm

Not sure about the 0-60, but its a little quicker than the Cup and Williams, only just though ;)

Mines slightly modified, Stage 1 tuned, its quick but not Jap quick

Polo GTi
Not very quick as bikes go, but awesome looking.

Yeah not the quickest compared to the jap stuff, but its different and has some soul, If I had the balls I would of been tempted by a Jap bike, but once I'd heard the Buell there was no turning back!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Nice one.

It that the XB9sx one then? I think thats like one I test rode a few a few years ago.

Like you said it's not silly quick, but you get a constant surge of power right from low revs. Very easy to ride and cut through traffic.

I couldn't get use to how it ran, I thought it was going to cut out on tick over. The whole bike shackes like anything when on idle.

Polo GTi
Yeah its an XB9 Lightning City X

It does have bucket loads of torque though, wants to rip your arms off

Does takes some getting used to, its like a bike with a old VW beetle engine in it, vibrates loads, does sound like its going to stall, sounds great with the Micron Pipes on, sounds like a baby Harley

Revels Mum & Sister
Awesome mate :) Glad you are loving it!

Still plenty of power mid range to dispatch most cars though. Must be about 400-500bhp per ton still!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R

Still plenty of power mid range to dispatch most cars though. Must be about 400-500bhp per ton still!

Bikes sound crazy when put them in those figures.

:eek: Mines knocking close to 800bhp/ton

I'm sure that does sound nice with a Micron exhaust.

Polo GTi
Looks great m8. I'll have to nip round and have a gander at some point

Chris

No worries, its in the garage with the Williams at the mo, well techinically its not because I came to work on it :cool:

The Micron is awesome, don't think the neighbours agree though

Revels Mum & Sister
No worries, its in the garage with the Williams at the mo, well techinically its not because I came to work on it :cool:

The Micron is awesome, don't think the neighbours agree though

LOL I know what you mean about the exhuast being loud. I have a full Yoshi system on mine without the bung in, Mine lives in the back garden under a cover, however on the few occasions I have started it in the back garden like last weekend just before an oil change curtains start twitching. Also in the morning out the front, when I sit there for a while letting it warm, I have houses either side of the road fairly close and it is mega loud LOL

Wouldnt have it any other way at least people here you coming, 5-6K pops and bangs as well on deceleration