ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my new beast!

MINI Cooper S
Well after being made redundant from Mini ive managed to get another job sorted. I also felt that it was about time i bought myself something a bit quicker. Always wanted a cooper S and now ive finally taken the plunge and got one! Only a few quick snaps so apologies for the picture quality! Comments welcome :approve:

P1010428.jpg

P1010426.jpg

P1010425.jpg

P1010427.jpg

MINI Cooper S
Thanks for the comments! It looks better in the flesh than in the pics. And yes it is the turbo version, goes like the clappers as well :) So happy with it!

Turbos.
Not the spec i'd choose but they are nice cars. Does it have the electronic LSD? I test drove one without and it was scrabbling for grip a bit...

MINI Cooper S
Working for a company just a few roads down from where i was before that deal in cherry picker type equipment.

In terms of comparison to the supercharged ones, i prefer these, they are quicker and feel much quicker i guess due to the increased torque. Can be a bit dangerous when wet though!

TrackCar & F30 330d
A bit of inside geeky information, the turbo one is called th R56 and the old Supercharged one was an R51 :)
Hope you enjoy it mate. I may have worked a bit of magic on that one as i work for BMW Mini :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Rid of stripes, then Aero kit then new alloys/tyres(get rid of runflats). Job done.

I like i wanted the darker blue variant of this.

MINI Cooper S
Haha i knew it wouldnt be to everyones tastes as i am posting a mini on a clio forum of course! Well i like it, and imo it doesnt look girly but each to their own!

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
not to my tastes, doesnt mean i wouldnt like a shot of one to compare to my meg though, heard theyre a good laugh, would love a shot of an old mini alot more though :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Not interested in the engine or performance, But why does the facelift look so much worse than the original? TBH i quite like the old S in Gunmetal with some nice 18s, But the facelift looks like a cheap copy? I dont know why it just looks as if a korean company have decided to make a car like the mini but made it with cheaper stuff?

MINI Cooper S
I then decided to plough my hard earned cash straight back into the gits and bought a mini.

:S

I didnt plough all my hard earned cash..ive now got another job and can afford one of these, ive always wanted one and thought why not? And because i worked there before they did me a decent deal. So why not do it?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
nice i wanted Laser Blue, do you have all the storage packs with it?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
yeah looks like you have everything, leather etc. How do you rate the efficienbt dynamics thingy? i disliked it

MINI Cooper S
I like the optimum shift indicator for when im having gentle driving days, never use the auto start stop unless im sat waiting for someone but dont bother when im in traffic. I was suprised though how efficient they are when doing sensible driving, especially compared with the old supercharged ones.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I was soo close to buying one then i bought a 172!! I couldnt find a colour except LAser that i really liked. ALso Aero kit is 1K!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Always think the new ones looks like a bit of a tractor from the back tbh, not really my taste of car but I hope you enjoy it mate.

BMW 320d M-Sport
Nice enough car, tho a darker colour would have been better IMO. Phase 1 looks nicer I think through being a bit smaller, but still a nice car, mate of mine had a JCW Cooper P1, was awesome. May you have many hours of happy motoring!