ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of 2118's on a lowered white 182/172?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
clios004.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Very very nice @Ricardos

What happened to it ?
I sold it on to a chap in Norfolk for 3.5k who then fitted TBs which punched out over 200hp. For some reason something happened in which it might have been broken up again. I think he put it up for sale for like nearly 7k with no bites on it.
I think I built this about 7 years ago, from a bare shell with every part either new or donated from my Odyssey Blue phase 1 like the engine. No corners cut, done properly, parts like the 172 Cup alternator setup all OE with new bolts from Renault. I had a mate who worked for Renault as a technical expert do all the loom stripping all by the book, no cutting of wires all paired back to the UCH and removed. He did loads more, all in the project thread. Sad really that the thread never got the recognition it deserved.

That looks amazing mate!:up: @Ricardos
Have you a build thread?

See above

Lol or what he said :smile:

I sold it on to a chap in Norfolk for 3.5k who then fitted TBs which punched out over 200hp. For some reason something happened in which it might have been broken up again. I think he put it up for sale for like nearly 7k with no bites on it.
I think I built this about 7 years ago, from a bare shell with every part either new or donated from my Odyssey Blue phase 1 like the engine. No corners cut, done properly, parts like the 172 Cup alternator setup all OE with new bolts from Renault. I had a mate who worked for Renault as a technical expert do all the loom stripping all by the book, no cutting of wires all paired back to the UCH and removed. He did loads more, all in the project thread. Sad really that the thread never got the recognition it deserved.

Was shocked I missed the thread as it was around the time I was active on the forum quite a bit. Found it through Google images of the white 2118 fitted and followed the link. Should of stayed on the 2118's and some mental ITB set up and sold it to me 😧

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
See above

Lol or what he said :smile:

Was shocked I missed the thread as it was around the time I was active on the forum quite a bit. Found it through Google images of the white 2118 fitted and followed the link. Should of stayed on the 2118's and some mental ITB set up and sold it to me 😧
Was devastated to hear of it being broken, ridiculous. People often ask me what was my best project Clio, it's a toss up between the white phase 1 and the supercharged Petrol Blue 182.

So, combine the supercharged 266hp 182 engine setup into the white phase 1... And IMO you have the ultimate Clio.

I'd love to know where the shell is now.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
looks great that @Ricardos !

ironically though the MOT of the white one expired in 2013 and its SORN, the odyssey donor car appears to be in use, MOT'd and Taxed currently!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
looks great that @Ricardos !

ironically though the MOT of the white one expired in 2013 and its SORN, the odyssey donor car appears to be in use, MOT'd and Taxed currently!
Indeed! I gave Matt from Code Red Motorsport the rolling shell and interior as a thank you for working on the white Clio. He put it back on the road, acquired a 2nd Odyssey Blue and kept them on the road. I think, and a big IIRC moment he took one over to France when he moved. He'll definitely know of its whereabouts. I think his brother was using it at some point.

It was a brilliant car, I couldn't think of a reason to sell..... Until the white shell came about, so I used it as a donor.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
guess its not that one he took over to france as its showing as legal on the UK tax and MOT register so it lives! which I think is great, died to let the white one live all those years ago

was reborn and is still loved and running now

not that I have a soft spot for odyssey phase 1's lol!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'd buy it back in a heartbeat! It was my first RenaultSport car, a cracking introduction to Clio ownership. I part exchanged it for my 190hp Renault 5 GT Turbo, and haven't looked back since!
2017-05-17_08-49-47.jpg
2017-05-17_08-50-07.jpg
2015-06-30_06-43-12.jpg

Memory alert! Didn't I buy the 16" OZ Superleggeras of you?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
@Ricardos Possibly? I can't remember when I had or sold them, probably around that time as I bought my first titanium phase 1 back then. which I sold (actually chopped up and killed iirc) my Williams to buy.......full of regret for that one looking at Williams prices now. as I would be full of regret for selling your R5 as well since it'd be worth like 15k mint now!lol!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
We weren't to know at the time, I try not to think about it! Circumstances, long relationship break up and had to go back to one car ownership so the Clio would do the 2 jobs.... Workhorse and trackday car. The Odyssey Blue was 3k, I paid £500 cash and the GT Turbo for it.

The white 5 is back in previous owners hands, a good mate of mine. It's been a rolling shell the last 8 years with threats to return to the road... We'll see

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I try not to think about the Williams' tbh, I broke a 1 and made about 4k from it, not too bad, I broke a 3 and made about 2.5k off it, not so good and the last 1 I had I sold for.....a grand...ffs!