ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics from Brands full GP track on monday

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Did a Trackday at Brands on monday. Thought I would share the pics... sorry not much Clio content though! Lots of Lotus and Caterhams were there.

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

IMG_0123.png

Was this Clio there as well though
DSC02249.jpg

and a Megane
DSC02295.jpg

I was sharing a garage with these guys. COOL car and really nice guys, have already been in touch about doing something else with them soon.
DSC02253.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

Clio was going really well in morning on R888's
DSC02257.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02271.jpg

but in the afternoon track had dried out so switched to the new Dunlop slick I bought from mrtyremotorsport who was really quick and helpful.

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

My uncle having a go of it. he loves the little clio!
DSC02293.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

DSC02269.jpg

DSC02264.jpg

Clios got new seats, steering wheel and harnesses that Mark Fish sorted and fitted for me. Really changed the feel of the whole car and it feels proper now... sorry for pics. Looks ALOT better in real life.
DSC02286.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

few nice Porsches
DSC02250.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

Lots of Caterhams!
IMG_0113.jpg

Lovely Radical
DSC02306.jpg

whoopsy!
DSC02272.jpg

awesome new 458! first I have seen on trackday. :cool:
IMG_0133.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looks like there was some nice cars their! Can't decide if i like that rarri or not... wheels look a bit out of place

DCi 100
Why not get all the rear seats and interior out of the Clio if you've got a cage in there dude?

Looks like a fun place to be, plenty of ace cars! :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
4 wheels and tyres fit neatly in the boot with the back seat still in and it keeps them nicely in place.

Also it adds a little noise insulation and keeps as much refinement inside the car as possible.

Its just a fun trackcar, not a racing car where everylast Kg counts... the back seats weigh very little and taking them out would make no difference in my opinion...

I have done noisy nasty stripped out cars when I was younger! I am 35 years old now... I like my little bits of comfort! hence radio and aircon and full dash will also never be coming out!

Going for throttle bodies in next few weeks though....

and Reyland are fitting an Audi 20v Turbo engine in it at Christmas... so few extra Kgs are REALLY gonna be irrelevant! hahahah

Nimbus R26r
Ah I thought I recognised the number plate.

I was in the pits waiting for the 5 oclock evening session but arrived early to watch this. Your car was like a 3 wheeler for most of the lap :) looked great out there.

The guy in the gt3 rs had a real tank slapper moment and came off luckily he stopped before the wall. Some serious machinery out there.

Si

RS Clio 172
looks a good day!

how did you get the 2118s black with the blue lettering? template?

Also... if you're not fussed about weight saving & lap times, why bother with slicks?

182 ff with cup pack's
looks like u had a fun day!! was there any issues running slicks on a standard engine?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Ah I thought I recognised the number plate.

I was in the pits waiting for the 5 oclock evening session but arrived early to watch this. Your car was like a 3 wheeler for most of the lap :) looked great out there.

The guy in the gt3 rs had a real tank slapper moment and came off luckily he stopped before the wall. Some serious machinery out there.

You have the red one? I saw it on way out and was gonna turn around and do evening session as well!

172 sport
Ive always wanted to do the full GP circuit at Brands, but they are few and far between, and they always want a forture for them, but it looked like a good day.
What size are your are dunlop slicks ?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Once you have driven a car on slicks,its like a drug addiction,you just can't stop.Wish we were allowed them in our series.

Exactly! Slicks are the PROPER footwear for the job!

I have always used slicks on my track cars whenever the situation allows.

I had no regulations stopping me and the grip levels are such fun on them.

The only reasons NOT to use them are that they are harder on the car and expensive if you buy new ones.... Luckily neither are big issues for me. So slicks it is!

It's like if I am playing football.... I like to wear football boots whenever possible!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
looks a good day!

how did you get the 2118s black with the blue lettering? template?

Also... if you're not fussed about weight saving & lap times, why bother with slicks?

Never said I wasn't bothered about lap times... I said i was chasing every last 10th of a second and trying to loose a few kilos here and there. Slicks are night and day compared with road tyres.

A friend can do stickers in any colour u want. Really pleased with how they look in blue! Let me know If u need any and I will give you his details. Only a fiver

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Ive always wanted to do the full GP circuit at Brands, but they are few and far between, and they always want a forture for them, but it looked like a good day.
What size are your are dunlop slicks ?

It's worth doing.... The extra corners are all fast and blind so it's pretty scary at first! Takes some Learning that's for sure. I had some tuition throughout the day which helped.

Slicks are 185 580 15 which is what cup racers used apparently?

Sadly the full GP days are not the cheapest and are sessioned all day... So I didn't get as much track time as I hoped (20mins per hour)

Nimbus R26r
I was in my megane, sadly didn't get to see the black one. Rob Huff was walking round the pits aswell.

You should of done the evening session mate was great fun, 2 clio cup racers out there 200 and 182.

TT 225+
those slicks look awesome!!

the 20vt engine will be an epic conversion :) if only i had the money haha

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6
porkie,

getting ITB's? is that so we can have a fair fight on track :D ;)

though, not liking your idea of a VAG :( :nono:

need to hurray and save for my SC then, to stand a chance

also those slicks look knackered, i'll buy them off you at 30 a corner, paypal ok? :rasp: