ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up this Clio today

172 Cup
Quite pleased with it, body work isn't too shabby for its age, the panels all seem to line up I think.

Some before and after a quick 1 hour machine polish
http://sdrv.ms/NmfV6k

Has a lot of Service history, including the belts recently and recent Toyo proxys, new disks and pads etc. So hopefully no major expenses coming up - famous last words lol.

Noticed the washer jet thing is missing one side, did I read you need this working for an MOT?

Is the washer ball missing? Happens a lot when they freeze up.

I'm not sure if you technically need it for MOT or not, but in the real world I doubt someone would fail you for it.

Replacement jet assembly from renault is £15 per side.

Cheapo fix I did was to buy some black beads (10 for £1), fill one side of the hole and drill through at 90 degrees to give the correct fluid path. Glue in place, done.

Not the best pic but all I have available right now:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342199174.253948.jpg

172 Cup
I'm not overly keen on the colour tbh, but for the price I paid I wasn't going to be fussy what colour it was.

Its a shame about the alloys and the dirty scratch down the n/s, but you can't win them all I guess.

Thanks for the advice Spudey

172 Cup
1 hour machine polish?

Looks great :)

It probably wasn't even that tbh, it is quite a small car!

Shame it wasn't sunnier so it could show off more of a reflection.

Forgot to put the spec:

65k Miles - All old MOTs to back up mileage
Standard engine
Standard Interior - bar some Phoenix door card speakers
Toyo Proxy tyres
Scuffed to s**t alloys:S
Full Service History - Including new disks, pads, Cam and Aux belt and pulley
New exhaust
& a very happy new owner

Goes really well, I had my heart set on one as I thought I couldn't get more bhp for the money along with the good return on mpg as my work is an 80 mile round trip (although I don't go every day, so the miles wont go up massively)
Hopefully this will serve me well.
Thanks for the comments people

172 Cup
Can anyone just confirm it is a flame red? I'm in halfords and I took the Renault number/code but nothing matches up with the halfords numbers