ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up the "flu" Abarth 500

koi

Audi S1
Well after 8 years I've just hit 150k in the 182 so time for a change. Kind of hope no one buys the 182 so I have an excuse to keep it as a weekend toy.

Had my heart set on Camp grey but could only see low spec models up here so took a 400 mile round trip to Harrogate to pick this one up. Was a bit worrying putting down a deposit on a car I've not even seen but had nothing to worry about. It looked a bit out of place on the forecourt as it was a fraction of the price of the others on show, even had a Clio V6 in for sale.

Guessing the car was originally a demo car or the owner just went crazy on the options:
Campovola grey, 17" 5 spoke diamond cut petal alloy wheels, Black leather, Interscope sound system, Aluminium gear knob, Automatic dual zone climate control, Sunroof, Black door mirrors, Dark tinted windows, Red brake calipers

Will miss the xenons and auto lights/wipers from the 182 but can't have it all. Can't decide whether to leave it "naked" with no stripe or get it in red/black.

Few picks after dropping it off to be detailed, was just starting to snow when they were taken.

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

IMG_5415.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

Note the lack of full frontal pictures as I managed to drop one of the DRL bulbs in the headlight when swapping it, need to try and get the unit off so can get it out. So much for a quick and easy job.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Looking great mate! Need some better pics though

What you thinking about sticking brembos on it?

koi

Audi S1
If they are easy enough to fit I will otherwise just upgrade the discs and pads, lack a bit of bite at the moment.

koi

Audi S1
Got Oz superleggera's from my Clio but don't fancy using wobble bolts.

Think the seats are fine but could do with being a bit lower, would need to remove the sub and get new runners made up though.

2014 Clio 200t edc
The drl bulbs dropping in are a nightmare, luckily the unit itself is just fiddly to get out, not hard.
Lovely looking car mate, congrats. Love campo grey!

koi

Audi S1
The drl bulbs dropping in are a nightmare, luckily the unit itself is just fiddly to get out, not hard.
Lovely looking car mate, congrats. Love campo grey!

Went and got a claw thing but that was no use so going to have to take the unit out. Looks like it's held on with allan head screws, do you know how many there are holding it on? I seen 3 before I gave in to the cold.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Don't take the unit out. Just get a flat head or similar in and cover it in tape. Bulb will stick to it and easily get it out.

Always like this colour, it was my mrs first choice but then she likes blue too much.

Had wobble bolts on the old one for nearly 2 years with 20mm spacers. Never had any issues.

New one is about to go on wobble bolts too with its new wheels.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Clio 197 Brembos fit easy enough with brackets from Italy. Then just use the Abarth 595 305mm discs.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Should have sourced one with Xenons as they're a must have and near impossible to retro fit.

Remap and a free-er flowing exhaust and you're onto a good car (look at Bens for exhaust noise) it's addictive!

image.jpeg

DRL's need updating with some white ones instead of yellow.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I really like these. Hilarious little things.

Lol at how feminine they are though. Camp grey, petal alloys, blacked out windows for dogging.

Got Oz superleggera's from my Clio but don't fancy using wobble bolts.

Think the seats are fine but could do with being a bit lower, would need to remove the sub and get new runners made up though.

I genuinely can't get my head around wobble bolts.

That's why I'm looking into having adapters made.

koi

Audi S1
The Clio's girly so went to a smaller girlier car.

Yeah got the piaa drl bulbs, looks much better.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Not a fan of the wheels at all, but have a soft spot for these.
Out of the box, what's the performance like in comparison with the almighty? (1*2)

koi

Audi S1
On the way back after picking it up it couldn't keep up with the 182 when I put my foot down, not a surprise really as it's only 135bhp, but with a bit of work will get it close to what I'm used to. Sad to say bye to Clios so much I'm considering putting Clio Brembo calipers on it.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Koi which PIAA bulbs did you get?

H225 or H226?

I ordered from the link on @Lal B3N thread and received 225's like in the link but I've just tried to fit them and they won't go into the bulb holder at all!

They also have less connections on the bulb it self the original had two wires per side whereas the PIAA have only one just wondered if you encountered this?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

H225 or H226?

I ordered from the link on @Lal B3N thread and received 225's like in the link but I've just tried to fit them and they won't go into the bulb holder at all!

They also have less connections on the bulb it self the original had two wires per side whereas the PIAA have only one just wondered if you encountered this?

Sure you need H226 mate. Maybe they've changed the advert from my link now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIAA-Xtre...el:500&hash=item3aa554f494:g:OSUAAOSwBahVBuxM

koi

Audi S1

H225 or H226?

Got off a different seller and they were T20 (7443) Capless 27/8W

Finally fitted after fishing it out with a magnet, changed all the indicator bulbs to silver ones while I was at it.

Swift Sport
How you finding it then dude? Loving it compared to the Clio? I know you compared it speed-wise to the 182 but what's it like in general? Handling, ride, ownership... That type of thing.

Cup In bits
Nice motor... I really appreciate these now having always thought they looked cool/quirky. I had a 15 plate 1.2s as a courtesy car for a month and can say I haven't had so much fun in a car for a while, cool to look at, the interior was a nice place to be (quiet which my celica that was being fixed isn't) and slipping and sliding it everywhere while redlining it and carrying speed through the corners made for great fun.

koi

Audi S1
Engine feels more responsive, been using Tesco Momentum, not sure if placebo or just getting used to the car. Not driven it much cause the other half keeps stealing the keys, she loves it. Just proves it's a girls car!

Raining non-stop here but handling is pretty good and plenty of grip. Interior is nicer and feels more airy due to the sunroof, just wish the seat could go a bit lower.

Getting 33mpg so petrol costs will be similar but save on road tax. Will be making more trips to fill up though cause the tanks tiny.

A plus over the 182 is that there's still the spare wheel well, picked up a space saver today as not a fan of the foam crap.

Took little things like the beep when any doors are open on the Clio for granted, hadn't noticed the 500s boot wasn't shut right so was left unlocked for a few days.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Eibach Pro springs are only £99, worth the upgrade?

H&R or Novitec are regarded to sit the best i think. Had 2 sets of H&R myself and now running Bilstein B14 coilovers. Can buy the Bilsteins brand new for around £450-500.

koi

Audi S1
Starting to get used to the 500 but needs a couple of mods to get it running the way I like. Small petrol tanks annoying though, 35L won't even last me a week.

Get more attention in this, lots of idiots trying to race!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got eibach pro fitted to mine. They were a bargain price at £89 . Not lowered hugely but the handling is brilliant with the koni dampers on mine.
2ce6fz6.jpg

The rear is stripped in mine which probably doesnt help the rear height

koi

Audi S1
Mines standard dampers so might just wait a bit and get upgraded shocks/springs. Would prefer it a bit lower at the back.

Missed the Clio so much got some Renault parts to fit.

IMAG2097_1.jpg