ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request: MK1 clio dropped 35mm

172 M69 eater
not exactly the best pic for u to see how low it is but here u r!

homie2.jpg

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
when is the met, couldnt see a date....
il get a better pic too
i can photoshop, i just wouldnt know where 35mm is

172 M69 eater
Venue:
The Anchour Inn
Whixley
North Yorkshire
YO26 8AG

SUNDAY 18th DECEMBER at 11.30am

come have a look at mine sunday... its an rt lowered 40mm on a jr kit...

james, is that 35?

im goin 35 i think, could go 55 but i dont want the haSSLE LOL.
WHAT ARE BEST SPRINGS TO GET?

172 M69 eater
mattrt said:
james, is that 35?

im goin 35 i think, could go 55 but i dont want the haSSLE LOL.
WHAT ARE BEST SPRINGS TO GET?
james's is a valver tho....

do 55m :D

p.s. want to buy a white valver bonnet ;)

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
i dont know, mine looks sweet on 35 (front), and a 45 drop on torsion bar (rear), get some PI springs they match the standards size wise but compress more under the weight of the car, so they dont pop out of the clamps, ill get a pic this weekend, its dirty as h*ll tho, so might wash it, if i can be bothered, living on a farm not good!! lol

172 M69 eater
pm returned mate... be good for you to come have a look at mine at the xmas meet if ur feeling better... give u an idea of what 40mm really looks like!!

:( that last one looks mint, but i think il still go 35, ive heard insurers like that more.... im gettin it insured like a sensible person....

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Depends what roads he's driving on though.

I take mine on lots of bumpy lanes and also go off road a fair bit so lowering wouldn't be for me.

Don'y go too low if you drive a lot of lanes mate.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
talking of 35mm drops i have some 35mm drop apex's for a valver so am not sure if the fit the small engine clio's etc

and yes my motor is dropped on 60's - but want lower coilovers or a special set-up!!!!

Twingo 133
Rip3z said:
Don'y go too low if you drive a lot of lanes mate.

I always used to be out on country lanes and didnt have a problem. but that was why i never put a front rubber splitter on it to keep the clearance.

172 M69 eater
def 60mm... at the end of the day the insurer is going to charge u extra anyway whatever set up you choose... best up your insurer and ask for two quotes with 40mm and 60mm and see what they say!

jus remember valvers are lower as standard so 40mm on a valver is bout 60 on a non-16v

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
arj256 said:
I always used to be out on country lanes and didnt have a problem. but that was why i never put a front rubber splitter on it to keep the clearance.

Depends on the condition of the road I guess.

But def wouldn't lower mine due to going off-road.

right ok, so if i went 55, would it rub, and would i be able to g et full lock on, and would i definately need shortened shocks?

172 M69 eater
mattrt said:
right ok, so if i went 55, would it rub, and would i be able to g et full lock on, and would i definately need shortened shocks?

it would b better to get shortened shocks yes... the rear is a torsion bar anyways

55mm wont rub on 15's unless ur offset isnt standard:cool:

as little as poss really.... may be better to get dampers aswell, springs dampoers and shocks just to redo the whole lot :)