ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PIC] Cup splitter on 172 rear

Nike Lunar Elite's
Finally got around to fitting this today. The only problem is that I had to cut it in 1/2 and now you can see where the join is, I'm not too bothered about it but I wana find some way of tryin to hide it.

What do you think?

28102005005.gif

28102005006.gif

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
no, not for me i'm afraid. (All those people after Cup Splitters are probably crying at this point, lol :) )

i remember when cupcake did it on his cup, i tried to do it on my 172 rear bumper but didnt want to cut a cup splitter in half, there quite hard to get straight! so i didnt bother in the end.

Chocolate Bar™
good attempt :)

i tried something similar on the front, but with a seat splitter. to get a better join you could use a metal 'fixit plate' in order to clamp the two ends tight. that will also get rid of the indent where they meet.

lagerlout1 said:
10/10 for originality :)

apart from he fact about 5 people have done it already. lol

the gap looks really noticable...
When we put one on Si's it was cut around the exhaust which was right up on the bumper.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Cheers for the comments guys. It would have been far easier if I was just cutting it around the exhaust. I'm gona try and tinker with it to get the join less obvious. As D4ve F said its hard to get it straight, the cup splitter is more curved than I thought it would be. If worst comes to the worst, I'll probably try glassing the centre. I got the splitter on the cheap so its not much of a loss anyway.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
not a fan of the splitter, front or back, i guess it can make the car look lower, but on the back wherever it is joined it looks hideous, i see it as unecessary bodykit waiting to fall off at some point, just my 2pence soz ppl.