ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop elements/ Adobe CS5 Photoshop

Fiesta ST-3
I really need help with purchasing one of these or something just as good?

I'm fed up of using Gimp now and plus I need something that will process RAW images. I'm in well over my head so any help is appreciated. Why the hell does CS5 cost near £600?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

I'm fed up of using Gimp now and plus I need something that will process RAW images. I'm in well over my head so any help is appreciated. Why the hell does CS5 cost near £600?

Because everyone in the Design/Photographic industry uses it, so they can charge £600 as it's the only decent software of it's kind. There's not much out there that can compete with PS.

Go for Elements, as it's basically the normal version of PS but some features left out. It will still let you process RAW files and do pretty much all the things you'd do in PS.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Took me ages to acquire CS5 ;)

Such an upgrade from CS2 which I had before.

Only thing about raw i would say is make sure elements can process your raw images since they aren't all the same format. CS5 processes pretty much all raw files iirc, i know it does from my camera but cs4 wouldn't.

Arctic FF 182

You could always find a student friend to get it for you, costs around £100 iirc for the full programme :D