ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop (Corel Paint Shop Pro)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone please help in teaching me how to use this program, I only wanna learn the basics to start with like Removing all the colour from the Backgrounds but leaving the colour of the car, I know this has probably been asked a million and one times but I just want to learn how to do it, Cheers

Andy

Clio MK2 (1.2)
adobe photoshop Cs you want, its a good 1,

go on www.digimods.com this will show you how to do stuff to your car, and im preety sure this is how people on Cs learnt aswell :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
This is wot I've achieved in a quickish 1st attempt,
LYV6PicPS.jpg

Am I going along the right lines roughly??

Andy

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
What are you using? It looks as if you have used the magnetic lasso tool.

If you are in PS you need to hold the mouse over the lasso option and on the bottom right hand corner there is a little arrow click on that and use the standard lasso tool.

Then you want to slowly go round the car, the smaller the segments the better especially when you get around the tight corners.

If you are really struggling put the full res image on line and I can sort it out for you.

Steve

Find a tutorial on how to use the Pen tool to make paths (make sure you do change the pen tool to 'paths' though, from shape layers/fill pixels) - that way, with a bit of time, you can precisely cut things out - once you've made the path and completed it (back to the start and 'sealed' path) you click on the 'paths' tab on the right (next to layers and channels) - there you'll see the path you've made. CTRL+Click the path and you'll see your path 'selected' - with it selected, hit CTRL+J (this will paste your selection onto a layer of its own (check the layers tab, you'll see it). Alternatively, with the path selected, you can (make sure you're on the right layer) hit CTRL+SHIFT+I - this will select the inverse (the background around your car) - now you can hit CTRL+SHIFT+U to desaturate it (black and white) - this will make the background black and white and leave the car ncie and colourful... or you can play with other stuff once it's selected. There will be videos around on how to use the pen tool properly, it's a bit fiddly to start with but it's great once you get it.

Sorry can't give much more advice, quite busy at the moment... :)