ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo location ideas's in the Lakes?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm popping out in the car tomorrow for a drive out with my mate and was wondering if any of you can recommend any good photo places, i've been to the lakes many times but havn't seen of it's hot spots

Can any of your recommend any places where you have been and for me worth going there?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you're a good walker then going up Helm Cragg commonly know as 'The Lion & the Lamb' would get you some almighty views, it is a thousand feet high but when I went up there were small children going up with ease, you just need some decent walking shoes.
Although alot of people had trainers on, but conditions were good.

HelmCragg022.gif

This is from the top but there are different views all the way up.

Going up will take about an hour and about the same on the way down but going down is easier
so could take less time, I spent an hour on the top so all in all a good three hours.

However if the weathers crap best left for another day, but they do say if you don't like the weather in the
lakes, wait an hour.

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
canny shot that like. Don't think i won't be doing much walking.

I did see a old Roman Fort somewhere but don't know where it was. i wouldn't mind getting some stream shots, waterfall shots, some nice hill shots similar to the one above

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Thats the thing with the lakes, you have to pick a destination otherwise you could be driving around all day,
the place is huge with nothing more than narrow winding roads, great for driving but can take ages to get anywhere.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
aye very true, going to take a direct route getting there, and spend abit time at the lake and take a more scenic route home

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I would go up Whinlatter Pass (the steepest road in England). Although if your brakes are pants, I wouldn't bother lol.

Some amazing views up there too.

Going up it in my old Mondeo, when it snows like this, the upper road is closed.
n568980927_998682_6641.jpg

View from the top...
n568980927_998686_8157.jpg

Someone elses car at the top...
1502804-df634c31a17be041.jpg

Kirkstone Pass is also a good one and has a car park near the top (going down to Ullswater, pass the pub at the top of the hill) so you can get some shots from there of the valley below...

5744217102_190ff67c4c_o.jpg

Mk2 ph1 clio
Gedde, ive just got back from a trip to the lakes recently and if you head towards windemere you will pass ullswater, aria force and an awesome spot called kirkside pass.

PM me if you want some more detailed info like wheres best in the lakes at what times of day for the likes of sunrise and sunset, i have it all noted lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
change of plans, not going to the lakes today. Tell me more on the aria force, what is it?