ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Dillema

It's upgrade time and my Sony Ericsson C902 is really starting to show its age, the problem i've got is i really dont want a touch screen phone but at the same time i dont want a Blackberry which pretty much limits my options.

Anyone got any reccomendations? I feel like i'm missing out by not having a smart phone but dont want to commit to one for 2 years if i end up hating it.

Clio 182 cup'd
Have a look on carphonewarehouse.com They have a phone finder, you can click on Qwerty keyboard as a search option. I reckon the HTC Desire Z is your best bet, sliding keyboard and touchscreen, best of both worlds!

I don't want a Blackberry because most of them have small screens and if im having a smart phone i want a large screen, plus i just can't get used to their navingation button thing where you slide your thumb over it.

If i was being really picky i'd even want to keep the old style keypad rather than having a qwerty but no smart phone has them

2001 Clio 172
I'm having the same issue! I was looking at getting the Blackberry Torch as you get a nice big touch screen but also a slide down keyboard. However i have read a few reviews and apparently it is too big, slow and complicated. Nokia E7 is coming out in January and it looks amazing, style wise. However Nokia are always behind everyone else when it comes to features, such as apps for the phones.

Nokia-E7_3_lores.gif

Last edited:
  Clio Extreme
thats the issue at the mo, since iphones and blackberrys became so popular every manufacturer has gone for full qwerty or full touch screen.

Nokia and sony are both releasing 'standard' handsets in the new year and are woth taking a look through their websites (just ignore their release quartes as they are never right lol)

There are a few qwerty/touch screen phones out at the mo which gives you proper buttons and a big screen but there are some decent nokias that compare greatly to the blackberry liek the E72, screens are a bit bigger. Alternatively take the plunge and go for the blackberry torch, their version of a full screen and keyboard, just a big pricey.

Id be wary of the E7 to start with, as the N8 is lovelllllly but has lots of typical software issues.