ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 Front wheel bearings

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
One of my wheel bearings died this morning.
Now i normally would go to the dealer but the price difference in bearings is EXTREMELY high.

I want to buy some decent bearings so am thinking of going for some SNR (OEM renault afaik) and SKF.
But i need to know the right type/size for the fase 1 because is know its different then the ph2/3/cup.

Can you guys confirm that this is the correct size part ?

SKF : Part nr. VKBA 3596
050vkba-3596-1.jpg

SNR : Part nr. r155.16
66390-1.jpg

Both have these dimensions.

Width : 37
Inner diameter : 37
Outer diameter : 72

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The only difference is the trophy/182 cup ones.
All 172 ph1/ph2/cup are the same.(and non cup 182)

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Thanks ! Im realy carefull with those sites as 99% of the stuff doesn't actually fit on the car.
Its fine if you have a regular Clio though.
But to be fair they had it right this time :D

Ordered some SKF VKBA 3596's.
Was able to get them for a VERY good price :cool: (€26 each -> 20 pounds) from germany.

Last edited:
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Didn't notice it all :eek:
Als ze de mijne maar eerder uitleveren ... :rasp:

Noticed the 182 cup ones are allot les interesting to buy then the "normal" ones.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-2
I'd have gone with the brand that invented the active sensor bearing technology personally. No bias of course.

Fiesta ST-2
Both are good quality, so whichever you find cheaper. Renault did own SNR, so most of the ranges they were the OEM.