ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 clio front door speakers

I want to replace the front door speakers for my valver. Are there any that drop straight into the existing holes so I dont have to do any drilling etc? I assume they are a standard size but sometimes the mounting holes on aftermarkets dont match up to the holes in the door.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I assume the 16v has 13cm speakers the same as an RT. Most, if not all, after market ones should fit as its a standard 4 screw installation.

Rick

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Im thinking of getting some too, dont want to spend more than £30. Can I get a half decent set for that price?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Jas

Dont be tight !! You get what you pay for in this life !! ;)

£30 dont buy much these days !!

They are a 5.25 " fitment normally !! Me thinks !!

Mind you anything will be better than the crappy standard ones !!

Maybe a yoghart carton and a piece of string might do the trick !!

Sorry mate just joshing with ya !! Couldnt resist it !!;)

Cheers. Ill spend a bit more than 30 quid but want some that I can take out when I sell the car so dont want to start drilling the doors.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

iM RUNNING A SET OF PHEONIX GOLD QX5S AND THEY DROP STAIGHT IN TO THE DOORS, WITH THE TWEETERS SAFLEY STORED IN THE DASH MOUNTED SPEAKER LOCATION UNDER THE AIR VENTS.

tHEY SOUND PUKKA AND WHERE ABOUT £130.00 WHEN I GOT EM, SO I EXPECT THEY ARE CHEAPER NOW.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

leigh, its only for the track 16v! a bit of abba as I cruise round ;)

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Jas

Mmmmmmmmmm abba and track use !! A case of dancing queen, me thinks !!

Make your own asumptions !!;)

Remember to get components and not the all-in-one type. Minimum cost about £60-£70. I bought some JBLs about 2 years ago and they cost £80, had to remove that plastic speaker housing (fits behind the speaker), it comes off with the speaker so dont worry.

Does anybody use that sound damping/antivibration matting, is it any good?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Yer the various sound deadening stuff does improve the sound quiet nicely !! Although it does add weight !!