ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 172 bumper removal guide..?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Before i go in blind and start breaking things... Is there a guide for this? I can't see one anywhere?

Cheers, Danny

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
The bolts on the wings, 1 each side iirc
The funny grill bit PH1's have, 2 torx bolts iirc
Then the under tray.

Been years since i did mine though. Dont trust me !

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
There's a 10mm in each wheel arch behind the s**t guard, 3 10mm underneath and the 2 torx at the grille, T30 iirc.

If it's for your wing you'll need to remove the side skirt too so charge up your drill and buy some rivets.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah the plastic arch guard at the front of the wheel arch. Those bolts are the most awkward ones.

The 3 underneath are in the middle then 1 a few inches each side, get down on your back as usual and you can't miss the nuts right at your eyes.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Bit of a pain to do, but removed the bumper today to replace a OSF headlight on a Phase 1

Just thought I would add, that if you are swapping out a headlamp unit, you don't have to take both sides of the bumper off.
Just remove the 2 torx screws, and also (for me) the spoiler screws, as it got in the way of accessing the torx to move the arch liner to get at the main bolt

Then you have access to the 3 headlight retaining screws, and Bobs your Uncle (But you have to remove undertray bolts.

Managed it all in an hour b4 I went to work, which was handy. New headlamp from scrappers at £27 which seemed reasonable. Even came with working lamps.