ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

Petrol Blue 182.
jeeees! you done alright for ya self then! bet they were gutted! taking me out in it then at no rice? :)

340i
Its the Gray Motorsport de-cat ;) just gotta be... hahahaa

That is a great result mate, youll soon be wanting more power though, I am running the same modifactions as you, feels slow now lol

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Not a bad result mate

my cup got 184.5bhp

decat
remap
custom exhaust

Last edited:
  20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Nice looking car youve got there. Nice power results, keep up the good work.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Its the Gray Motorsport de-cat ;) just gotta be... hahahaa

That is a great result mate, youll soon be wanting more power though, I am running the same modifactions as you, feels slow now lol

Gotta be the grey motorsport de-cat :cool:

Not enough power..... mines stripped out to hopefully under 1000kg's putting out 184.5 bhp! I still want lots moooooore :evil: , i came from bikes so the clio is by no means as quick in a straight line but in the twistys it keeps me smiling from ear to ear lol

Not a bad result mate

my cup got 184.5bhp

decat
remap
custom exhaust

Cups def have better engines, the ones at the dyno were making much better power than the standard 172's, have heard they have certain hand pics parts when they were building the engines

Nice looking car youve got there. Nice power results, keep up the good work.

Thanks mate, still gotta few bits to do to it till its finnished, almost there though :cool:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looks spot on :) Fantastic RR result too.

Thanks mate, very happy with the results myself :cool: , CJ you on a Pug owners club? my girlfriends on this 206info & she said there was a guy with a cup on there called CJ.. may just be another CJ with cup though lol

James sorry to copy you but I'm definitely getting this tow eye + Tow Sticker from ebay

No worrys mate, go for it! will hopefully be putting a guide together very soon so keep an eye on the guide section, can be done for under £25 ( 25-30 euro's ;) )

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Burp's one works a treat ;) , only diffrence is, instead of removing the bumper, grill etc I just found a strip of Ali, put that behind the tow eye hole to prevent the 13mm bit eating into my aircon goodies once the whole was made, drill bit should be long enough to reach all the way through, took me 20-25 minutes start >> finnish :cool:

Burp, quick question mate, did you use the resistors to turn your air bag/service light off when you changed your seats? i've bought 2 sets of resistors now & i still cant get the dam things off, must be doing some thing wrong :dapprove:

172 Race Car
Nope, i removed the whole loom. Ive been asked this more times than ive had a s**t.

No one wants to do it my way coz they dont want to butcher wiring.

Burpspeed™ dont do reversable mods

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Burpspeed™ dont do reversable mods

Oh far to hardcore for my luxury track car :rasp:

Just remove the bulbs!!

Suppose its never gonna get service issues then lol, would prefer to get it sorted but just when i enter the search bar tons of pages came up & i drift off reading the same thing over & over again with no word on how to fix it:( Looked at edde's guide but just got confused reading it, i need pictures for things to make full sense lol

Black Gold Trophy
Your best bet would be to get a multimeter on the contacts of the plug on the original seat, check the resistance readings and solder your resistors accordingly ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thats the prob mate, seats are sold lol... Should be sorting out that new cold airfeed soon mate, will Pm you info when i'm finnished ;)

Clio 182 :)
Hey James,

About the Tow, I'm going to get the genuine Renault Cup one, I don't think it will be as complicated as yours to fit... I'll take a couple of pics :cool:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sorry for the delay guys, still havent got pics of the Gf's phone, dont think i will have them till the weekend :dapprove: , but i will post a link on here to the guide section as soon as its done ;)

MoRpH3uS, The cup one is ideal but a few flaws to bare in mind

1. Its bloody expensive!
2. It can be stolen in less than a minute
3. when fitted correctly the hoop doesnt sit level

I know i'm being fussy lol, but i like things to look spot on :cool:

For those that plan to use the Omp tow eye, this is the one i used -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EB-571-OMP-RA...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The Carbon "TOW" sticker is from legohead off hear, £2.50 posted :cool:

You will also need

* Drill with 13mm chuck
* 13mm HSS drill bit
* Small plate of steel ( this is to protect the aircon goodies behind the tow point )

Armed with the above, your ready just take your time!

Great thread - loving the silver cup look :)

Thanks mate ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cups def have better engines, the ones at the dyno were making much better power than the standard 172's, have heard they have certain hand pics parts when they were building the engines
Think it's more the lack of aircon, even when it's off it's a power drain.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Could be mate.. but the cups were a good 5-7bhp more punch than the FF bunch, thinking about it, wish i could of done a run with the aircon on just to see what a diffrence it would of made

James please post pictures of your improved caf ;)
I'm think of putting mine in the Fog hole :)

About the Tow, it's something like 34€ here, so about the same price as the OMP one.

I think that if tightened like crazy, and even glued, no-one will steal it from me :rasp:

By the way there are not many RS in my area...

Are you sure it doesn't sit level when fitted ?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sounds like your better off with the original then mate ;)

34 euros! there £35 here for a second hand one :eek: .. if there are not many other Rs's around then i cant see why you would have a problem, reason i think that they dont sit level is they are done up so tight that they cant be nicked lol, thinking about it though mate you could use washers to stop it screwing in to the point where it pulls it off level? have a search for some cup tow eye pics/ topics on here mate :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UPDATE ***

The Clio passd the MOT :D .... Had very very similar emmison results as say a 1.1 206 :cool:

Got a few advisorys though

* Air bag light
* Slight corrosion on rear brake lines - finnaly a good excuse to buy braided

& that was all, very happy man:) , was expecting a scroll with all the failures on it lol

Burp, how would i go about removing all the Airbag module shite, think the burp speed's no return to standard method is going to have to be done.... what sort of job is involved mate?

James

172 Race Car
A pair of cutters :evil:

I just followed the ecu wiring back to the main loom and cut it off. bare it all back so you make sure u dont cut something important. When i did it i had the dash and complete inteior out so im not sure what sort of job it is

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sounds simple enough mate.... wait for the, i've fucked it lol, you got any pics of what i need to cut mate?

Guys, have finnished the Tow eye guide, hopefully mods will let it get posted up in the guide section soon :cool: , thanks again burp for all the info on it mate :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Ok mate sweet, got a page no. i have sloooooow interent connection & you have alot of posts on yours lol

pics of the caf ? I want to see how you did it :cool:

lol I removed my acoustic valve today, and I struggled hard to fit 80mm caf just behind the headlights... so I gave up.

Black Gold Trophy
Thats the prob mate, seats are sold lol... Should be sorting out that new cold airfeed soon mate, will Pm you info when i'm finnished ;)

If I've got a spare moment mate, I'll get the multimeter out and test the resistance on mine and post it up on here.
You still thinking of running the cool air feed to the wheelarch? Thats what mine has at the moment, but its a tiny bit of ducting! I think I might run some from the fog light holes... also planning on buying the RS tuner but not sure which option to go for....