ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Monaco blue on different wheels, height, space etc... Request please

Monaco blue 172
As title got a Monaco blue ph2 on the way would love some wheels, suspension and height inspiration.

Thanks chaps.

some nice different white wheels, and wide stance, lowered alot ;)

infact something that should be done:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGdS-rq-ZZx7RoYdZu9EVE3GauMTi-wKFAi7zjp0ncqx0XzwwqJA.jpg

for the clean look:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu8xSnnBUjDUbwJV9l940c0460Wt_mn065afMcp9s2Aj0LglbL.jpg

or for something special:

images

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Standard wheels refurbed in bright silver, with a subtle ~30mm drop is what I'd do if it was me.

Monaco blue 172
Pics to accompany ideas if you can please boys and girls!

Going to be a daily drive and a good few track days and a trip over the ring next April so has to be sensible height and on a sensible tyre. Love a standard one dropped and spaced.

Turinis are such a good look to though look so timeless.

Monaco blue 172
Thats a great looking monaco

Love that mate!! Would maybe want to go a touch lower. How do you rate the ride on that spring/shock set up??

Standard wheels on the last reply there looks well too! Dung know if it's spaced a little too much though.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Love that mate!! Would maybe want to go a touch lower. How do you rate the ride on that spring/shock set up??

Standard wheels on the last reply there looks well too! Dung know if it's spaced a little too much though.

Ride quality is good but show it a bumpy road and you'll feel it, 25mm is abit extreme but it fills the arches well.

Monaco blue 172
Think if it stays on standards 20mm rear 15mm front will be enough for me. Roads around Liverpool aren't the best unfortunately. Just need to get adding bits to the list now. Cup lower arms and polybushes before touching the ride height.

Mk2 Ph2 172

Yeah the ride is not much different from standard, I wouldn't want to go any lower if I'm honest as a daily

Monaco blue 172
Check the track rods and rod ends too, thats another place for play, and the steering rack bushes.

Will do mate I always replace suspension with new stuff for the price it's a no brainer all fresh and a geo set up makes for a nice drive. Just need to find that compromise between a daily car and something that will be cable enough round oulton park and Anglesey as they're the local tracks and the ring trip we have every August.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will do mate I always replace suspension with new stuff for the price it's a no brainer all fresh and a geo set up makes for a nice drive. Just need to find that compromise between a daily car and something that will be cable enough round oulton park and Anglesey as they're the local tracks and the ring trip we have every August.

Sounds like you are going about it the right way.

We use my girlfriends clio for very similar things, and it drives great with all new cup suspension and refreshed steering arms etc

We have just done the ring and spa in it and it was fantastic fun, and have probably done about 20 other trackdays in it so far too.

clio 172
mine lowered
20120909_144754.jpg

20120909_144818.jpg

apart from the snow scoop splitter thats being changed to a skoda version it sits nice
:)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It looks like it might of been front ended as it doesnt have the bumper stickers as well. Just a guess though.

Mine was lowered on 60MM

3375443629_b3047d02c3_z.jpg

P3220913 by Bonxy, on Flickr

Si

RS Clio 172
I have better pics than that :) I don't have the splitter anymore either.

I'm on Bilstein B14 coilovers.

Monaco blue 172
Sounds like you are going about it the right way.

We use my girlfriends clio for very similar things, and it drives great with all new cup suspension and refreshed steering arms etc

We have just done the ring and spa in it and it was fantastic fun, and have probably done about 20 other trackdays in it so far too.

Renaultsports are a fairly new thing to me so will soon have it cracked! Would love a decent set of coil overs but being honest I'll only buy coil overs and a diff ifi can't afford an r26 next year. Such a cracking car out of the tin! Cup springs any different to normal 172??

How do you rate eibachs?

Monaco blue 172
Yeah everyone seems to be raving over the cooksport springs.

197 cams give a noticeable gain? Heard someone say they give rough idle?? Just a case of a cam swop and some mapping??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah everyone seems to be raving over the cooksport springs.

Yeah, they seem to sit at a nice height, identical to GMax ones as well apparently.
Things on here go through phases of being very fashionable, think its those springs this week, lol

197 cams give a noticeable gain? Heard someone say they give rough idle?? Just a case of a cam swop and some mapping??

With the RS2 inlet manifold they certainly improved the top end, yes just swap cams and map, still works with 172 dephasor etc, although MWMSport have found that the standard 172 cam timing isnt what works best on the 197, so I got Mike to time mine in appropriately based on his findings as its not something I have played with myself and its such a ballache on a 172 to keep going on and off the rollers and pulling it apart altering the timing etc.
Ours has a very slightly lumpy idle, it sounds cammed but not in an intrusive way really.