ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 head unit in Ph1?

Simple question but could i pop a ph2 cd head unit into my ph1 instead of going back to a tape player?

Really wanting my steering wheel controls and display back instead of a rubbish aftermarket HU

Listerine & Poledo
Depends.

Aren't there 2 types of Clio HU? Tuner list & Update list.

Get the wrong one and your stalk and display still wont work.

You can get decent head units that hook up into the display and stalks, about £250-300 will get you an Alpine set up

Depends.

Aren't there 2 types of Clio HU? Tuner list & Update list.

Get the wrong one and your stalk and display still wont work.

You can get decent head units that hook up into the display and stalks, about £250-300 will get you an Alpine set up

Thanks dude, im currently looking at a Pioneer as per this thread or possibly going back to the standard one which i think is a tuner list :S

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?733918-Pioneer-Aftermarket-HU-amp-Steering-Controls

Listerine & Poledo
Thought the thread felt familiar ;)

Yeah, if you go aftermarket, the pricey leads will give you a dashtop display, just the ones you linked up (connects2 30 quid jobs) are stalk-control only.

In fairness, I put an alpine HU in my old 172, with the display/stalk lead and a little sub in the boot, it was all the ICE anyone with dignity would need

Thought the thread felt familiar ;)

Yeah, if you go aftermarket, the pricey leads will give you a dashtop display, just the ones you linked up (connects2 30 quid jobs) are stalk-control only.

In fairness, I put an alpine HU in my old 172, with the display/stalk lead and a little sub in the boot, it was all the ICE anyone with dignity would need

Yep thats what im looking to do, would love to keep the display and controls, or rather get them back then just leave the rest and maybe add an under seat sub just for a little bass.