ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 172 high idle (2k)

ph2 clio 172
Hello guys,
I've had a search and can't really find much information to help me, so hopefully a new thread might bring the advice I need.

Approximately 1 week ago I had my clio serviced. Oil, pollen, air filter changes, 4 new spark plugs, engine flush and all new oil.

Once this was completed I started the car and the idle was very high around 2k. After leaving the car idling for a few minutes, the idle returned to normal parameters. I know clio's have a rough idle but this is different I think. The car performs normally as it should but just idles high. I have since had all my belts and pulleys replaced by a reputable garage and the problem still persists.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Air leak? Vac hose loose?

Cheers,

Martin

Megane r26
Yeah air leak or vac pipe, check all the inlet manifold bolts where the upper inlet bolts onto the lower as this has to be removed for the spark plugs to be changed.

Also check the map sensor and air temp is connected proper and that the vac pipe that goes to the acoustic valve and the brake servo is connected properly.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Mine was doing the same after a cambelt change. The garage reset the ecu using clip and all is well. In fact it's like a new car!! Might be worth removing your battery terminal to reset your ecu? Have your radio code handy though.