ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1/V6 Airbox Strap

As title, never seen one of these in use before so believe it or not I'm struggling how to use it haha.

Here's the box and strap but ???

C5CF4141-DC17-45C5-9C69-51A877404DF5.jpg

Anyone got a photo of one of these fitted?

The airbox fits nice.. But still moves around slightly so I'd like to use the strap. OEM/OCD and all that.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Where that strap is resting on the support bracket there is a gap, a slot. Fit one end in there. It then wraps round and clips on underneath the air box in a similar position to the clipping point on top. Your air box will be pulled parallel to that bracket. You need to get rid of that ugly tube sticking up that was attached to the original air box, it does nothing as there's plenty of cool air for the intake without it.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have the bracket that the strap goes on? I can't see it in the picture. But it is basically the bit of metal next to the battery cover (actually bolts to the same bit the battery cover bolts to) to the side of my induction kit. I forgot to remove it.......
IMG_1211_zpscoa6vpuw.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have the bracket mount mentioned above if you need one? The rubber then hooks to the underneath and loops around the airbox and clips to the top of the bracket.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The strap fits to the side of the frame next to the battery. As mentioned there's a slot underneath and above for it to locate on ph1 cars.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's the one! Yeah no I don't have that mounting bit as this is a 182

Looks like I'm in need of that part then if you're selling Jekyll or Kitson

I've checked but I must have thrown it out when we cleared out the shed.

If @Dr Jekyll can't help then I will take mine off the car. I should have done it when it was all off and easier access

You now have no excuse Kit :wink:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, I'll see what I can do!!!
Does the battery need taking out to remove it? If does I need to source a longer socket extension. I didn't look how to remove it when it was all apart