ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ph1 or ph2 rear?

Ph1 or Ph2?

• Total voters

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not sure which to go for.

As it is now
SDC12455.gif

As it could be
DSC01572.jpg

Already got the parts (bumper and cup spoiler), opinions? Poll?

looks lovely as it is now mate! + you need a Renault badge and straighten the sport badge. Looks a bit like a halfords special atm.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
looks lovely as it is now mate! + you need a Renault badge and straighten the sport badge. Looks a bit like a halfords special atm.
The sport badge has been slightly modified
SDC12475.gif

It's coming off all together soon.

b/g 182, meg tourer
ph2 lights and bumper imo. oh and cup spoiler.
as tompoms said. good to see someone with coilovers setup for good handling and not for pure looks.

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bet it handles like its on rails ay? got a very similar height to my ASTs following his advice:

14.jpg

unbelievable handling & comfort (sorry for the thread highjack ;))
I'm not 100% happy yet, but getting there.

53 Clio's & counting
personally and only my opinion is leave it as all ph1, if someone wants a ph2 look buy a ph2 lol

i do like the ph2 rear ends, but personally, mine is staying ph1 all the way

but do whatever makes you happy chap :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ph2 rear end all together is much more modern and makes the car look wider, more aggressive and more masculin. Assuming there is no competition with the spoiler, cup spoiler always wins on ph2 or ph1 tail end!

Ph1
Ph1's should be left looking like ph1's imo - Look miles better in standard trim, simple, clean and light looking.

Ph2 lights look chav and the ph2 bumper looks like a 1.2's

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ph1 on a Ph1, and Ph2 on a Ph2... Why make it look like something it isnt?
Sure the Ph2 bumpers look better as they dont have the wobbly effect of Ph1 bumpers, but sticking a Ph2 bumper on them just makes them look like they've been rear ended and the body shop plonked the wrong one on. IMO

personally and only my opinion is leave it as all ph1, if someone wants a ph2 look buy a ph2 lol

i do like the ph2 rear ends, but personally, mine is staying ph1 all the way

but do whatever makes you happy chap :)

agree everyone ph2s the rears of ph1s it maylook good but it losses orignalness

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
keep it like it is, gives it abit of a beafy look as the bumpers not out as much as a ph2