ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 or ph2 hmmmm

PH2 172
sent him a email hasnt had no bids and from pics and decription dosnt look to bad iv asked for more pictures to be sent over to me. if dosnt go i could offer a cheeky cash price seein as he needs it gone ;)

PH2 172
Haha didnt even notice that from sounds of it the mods he has done are good choices looks really tidy inside bodywork also looks tidy. Il wait for a email back see what they say if all is well il offer him a price ;) im sure if he needs it gone hel accept

PH2 172
Cheers for the help i am defo going for a ph1 this time fancy a change and just love the front ends of the ph1 especially when they have some lows :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just because

P1000679.jpg

P1000672.jpg

P1000678.jpg

Feb200121045.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah its not bad. I never do two things. 1. Park too close to other cars. 2. never total up what ive spent on it.

PH2 172
Haha good idea im normally that person in a carpark who either parks right at the back where no1 parks or takes up 2 spaces. :eek:

320d
Out of the 172's the ph1 is by far more special.

It has the best front end too by far. I'd love to combine the 182 rear end with the ph1 front end. The ph2 front end is too soft and pretty for a hot hatch really, the ph1 is much more aggressive. ph1's also come with OZ F1 cups which I think suite the car perfectly.

The ph1's are certainly more raw than the ph2's so it depends what type of driving you do, in reality the difference is minimal but my 182 is definitely a lot smoother to drive than my ph1 was.

ph1 172's are a great car, proper old school hot hatch. I prefer my 182 as an all rounder, but I'm so glad I have owned a ph1.

PH2 172
Heard back bout that other clio on ebay. he wants alot of money for that and with that milege and all the owners it isnt really worth it. shame really he seems think the ktex exhaust and decat is still worth £600 second hand. So the hunt starts again

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
If you can live without the creature comforts, the PH1 will suit you nicely.

A word of the wise though, invest in a glove for your gear hand ;)

couldnt agree more, some mornings in winter if I got in with a wet glove from de-icing it would freeze to the gear stick!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I put the opening bid in on that as it had no reserve and I thought I'd take the 0.001% chance of winning it at £99. I'd love a Williams but would want it just for summer use etc.

Rear arches aren't original, look where they have stuck the Williams sticker on the rear quarters, lol.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I bought my PH1 in may 2010, i payed alot for it but its only done 39k and with 2 owners.

I am thinking about selling it and buying a track day car but i drove it again today for the 1st time in a week, keeps on bringing a smile to my face and im 36 i know i would miss it if i did.

I only have it as a toy so it might not get used for weeks even had it off of the road for 6 months, but what else do you buy that has so much fun factor and ive only ever seen one other on the road when i was out in mine....

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
An xr2 as well, I love those old fiestas. I'm 38 my mate had a grey when we were both 20 I loved that car been thinking about getting one

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
An xr2 as well, I love those old fiestas. I'm 38 my mate had a grey when we were both 20 I loved that car been thinking about getting one

Yes i bought the XR2 about 7 years ago now, again very low miles and father and son owned from new but as always i payed top dolla for it.
Only had it for a year and only did 1000 miles in it as my girlfriend was pregnant so i sold it to a mate who i work with.

He had it on the road for 2 to 3 years or so then it got broken into, he let it sit under a cover for years and to cut a long story short i have it back sitting in my lock up.

Started to strip it to see what welding it needs so this is what i might turn into a track day car, thinking 2.0 Zetec....

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Sounds like a plan. Had a xr2i years ago and a series 2 rs turbo, fancy another old ford for weekends, fiesta rs turbo or mint xr2. 3 dr cossie if I had the money

Phase 1 for sure, some nice examples come up at your budget. Mine cost £1300, the paintwork is in better condition than when I bought an 18 month old 172 Cup! I personally prefer the look of the Ph1, and the interior is a much nicer place to be than the 172 Cup.

Phase 1 for sure, some nice examples come up at your budget. Mine cost £1300, the paintwork is in better condition than when I bought an 18 month old 172 Cup! I personally prefer the look of the Ph1, and the interior is a much nicer place to be than the 172 Cup.

Most people hate in the interior of the ph1 as its blue and dated. I personally never minded it myself :)

work for BMW
What are the differences in the cars without taking into account the looks? Do phase 1 have xeons for example?