ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Interiors. What Have You Done?

Clio Mk2 Ph1 Grande
I'm loving my Ph1 atm. only had it a few days but i think it's a brilliant little motor and wish I had bought one sooner.

Anyway I'm all for customizing my cars and love doing the interior the most considering it's what I spend my time looking at the most.
But I'm stuck on ideas for the Ph1 interior, so I'm aksing here, to those of you with Ph1s, what have you done to the interior to make it stand out from the drab grey plastics it has as factory?
Mines a 1.2 Grande, not sure on spec levels so the grey plastic is only a comment from personal experiences.)

Please riddle this thread with pics of your interior.

regards
Lowden​

Clio Mk2 Ph1 Grande
Would this be the Rob that once owned the HOU (I think) Ph1? Saw another guys project thread on that earlier which is one of the reasons I posted this thread haha.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 Grande
I prefer the ph2 dash to the ph1 but if you've got the seats I'll be interested in them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
McGherkin owns HOU now.

Here's my Ph1 interior. I've kept it standard-ish. All I've added is new steering wheel and boss, ally footrest and new mats. The other parts have been replaced with genuine items such as tape player (has CD changer under the seat) and air vents. I've given the grab pulls and center console a refresh.

14281880327_16de29176b_z.jpg

Sabelt steering wheel fitted. by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Would this be the Rob that once owned the HOU (I think) Ph1? Saw another guys project thread on that earlier which is one of the reasons I posted this thread haha.

Hi, That's my thread you've been reading :rasp:

Obviously I didn't do it myself (and yes, it was Rob who did it, in fact the car in the guide is HOU), but I honestly do love it. It's so much nicer inside and there's more useable space (for example bigger glovebox and proper cupholders)

The main reason I didn't do it on the 1.2 I had, was because I didn't 'need' it. I preferred instead to save my money for a 172 instead, but that's choice at the end of the day.

In short, if you think you're going to be keeping the car for a long time, and you're prepared for some minor hassle, why not?

(I would photo ***** it but you've seen it already!)

Clio Mk2 Ph1 Grande
Dr Jekyll (Or Dr Blast as I've seen you referred to in Alex's project thread (That guy gets through an insane amount of Clios haha)) and McGherkin, I'm glad you both posted as your Ph1s appear to popup the most through out numerous threads I have read through.

Dr Jekyll, your interior seems to have more about it then mine, extra switches etc, mine seems a little empty.

I'm lead towards putting a ph2 dash in as I like the extra additions, more glovebox space, cup-holders etc, and the plastics give me something to spray to add a bit of colour coding to the interior.

The car im driving cost me £200 it's a 1.2 grande (RN i think) doing 141k tax till october and mot till jan next year. So didnt cost me much and it be a great little project for me once i get a proper job. I'm currently studying software development and the only money i get is from doing little web based projects such as web templates and such.

Hi, That's my thread you've been reading :rasp:

Obviously I didn't do it myself (and yes, it was Rob who did it, in fact the car in the guide is HOU), but I honestly do love it. It's so much nicer inside and there's more useable space (for example bigger glovebox and proper cupholders)

The main reason I didn't do it on the 1.2 I had, was because I didn't 'need' it. I preferred instead to save my money for a 172 instead, but that's choice at the end of the day.

In short, if you think you're going to be keeping the car for a long time, and you're prepared for some minor hassle, why not?

(I would photo ***** it but you've seen it already!)

Would hardly call them proper ;)

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
@McGherkin owns HOU now.

Here's my Ph1 interior. I've kept it standard-ish. All I've added is new steering wheel and boss, ally footrest and new mats. The other parts have been replaced with genuine items such as tape player (has CD changer under the seat) and air vents. I've given the grab pulls and center console a refresh.

14281880327_16de29176b_z.jpg

Sabelt steering wheel fitted. by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Dont like my Ph1 interior got grey carpet and strange grey seats wouldnt mind replacing for some half leather ones and a black carpet like urs and the door cards but mine are slightly different style are ur door cards from a newer model? also some silver interior door handles would look nice in there

Only problem id like a really good condition set of front+rear seats and dark carpet and some come with airbags and my seats dont