ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Fog Light Fault - Only one on

PH2 Track Car
Evening!

had no fog lights when i bought the car so thought i would take a look at them tonight.

played with connector and got drivers to come on but passangers still off. checked fuses and bulbs and all ok. swapped passangers lamp to drivers wiring to test and it came on,

when using volt meter get 12v at both sides. however when connecting up drivers goes on fine. put plug on buld check volts still 12 put black wire to small connector on passanger sides light stays off and volts drop to zero

CONFUSED.COM

What is causing ot to loose power when small black wire connected. works when swapped sides?

Holty

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Your explanation isn't brilliant, but I'd check for breaks in the wire that joins the fogs up. Sounds like the earth on that side, you can easily cut the wire up, (i.e close to the fog, and close the connector) then splice some new wire inbetween, or just buy a new joining loom.

Infact I think I have a joining loom at home.

Oh, one last thing, have you checked the connector itself? i.e the big that plugs into the drivers side fog may very well be goosed.

PH2 Track Car
Hi Rob

I have put the voltmeter across terminals at which attach to bulb and earth and i get 12v on passangers side when drivers is working fine.

if i attach the connector to the bulb and use volmeter on it and black still loose it still reads 12v

when i connect the earth to the fog light and check voltage across terminals it dips to 0v

PH2 Track Car
the drivers side still stays on fine when voltage drops to 0v at passangers side.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yes mate, the "connecting loom" is just two wires, going to two plugs on one side and one on the other I believe.

Take that little bit of loom out and put in a new wire,then just test it with 9v or something :)