ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Clio V6 multiple missfire

Clio V6
OK, So the car starts and idles on 6 cylinders. then after a while, or if you hold the revs up a little, ie put it under load it starts miss firing. It always seams to be the front bank of cylinders that it is miss firing on, sometimes one of them, sometime2, and even all 3 once. I have put 6 new coils on and replaced the fuel filter but still the same issue.
Anyone else experianced this or got any ideas.
The car was running perfectly lat time I used it, but it has been stood for a couple of months.
I can feel the coils pulsing so I don't think it is on the ignition side as it seams to be irregular about which cylinders on the front bank that it drops out.

Any ideas?

Matt.

182 sport & cooper S
Had the same issue some years ago on a ford V6 spend hours checking spark etc turned out to be lack of fuel pressure, fitted new pump sorted. if you can get it near a 4 gas analiser to check the hydrocarbons if they are high its lack of spark so unburned fuel if they are low then its a lack of fuel.hope this helps