ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 2k idle when fully warmed up

Ph1 & Ph2 172
It idles around 1k whilst getting up to temp, drives well and idle is steady. As soon as its fully up to temp it hunts between 1 & 2k then settles at 2k. A quick turn off and on and it idles just below 1k. As soon as throttle is added it hunts again. I've checked hoses etc and they all seem ok. Will whip the icv off and clean this weekend, anything else to look at?

Ph1 & Ph2 172
I've tried giving it a tap but it just settles back at 2k. Can't see any damage to cable at throttle body end and seems to move freely, just can't work out why its only when its up to temp

Ph1 & Ph2 172
Only by a fraction if at all. Then sits back at 2k. But if i turn it off and restart with no throttle it sits just below 1k until i hit the gas again

Ph1 & Ph2 172
This is still driving me mad, although its settled down a bit. I've swapped the MAP sensor and cleaned Idle control valve.
The throttle body is returning correctly as I've checked its fully closed when the high idle occurs. it only happens when its fully up to temp and resets back to normal if I turn off and start again! this makes me think it must me sensor related rather than air leak (surely that would be constant) Whats next to check!?! Throttle position sensor is my next guess.

Renault 197
Hi, My ph1 is doing the same! New idle valve & cleaned the throttle Body. But still no joy.
If I turn it off & back on again & idle sweet.
Then a little drive it's back at 2000.
Did you find the problem?

Clio 172 turbo
i have same problem for 6 months now, im going crazy, changed throttle body, icv, coolant temp sensor, cable, vacuum hoses, still idles 2000, until u blip throttle then it settles to 1000 rpm. i give up just have to put up with it,

what i found was if u blocked the idle control valve hose that goes to intake of air filer, it wont idle like mad to 2000 rpm, and idles normally at 1000 rpm , apart from when u start the car for the first, in morning etc, it will cut out unless u keep foot on gas until it warms up.

Ph1 & Ph2 172
Still not solved, its been parked on the drive for a while as I picked up a bargain PH2. mine seems fine when cold but plays up when warm, that said a very very odd thing did happen.........its revved to 2k and I thought I'd have a quick look under the bonnet. as I removed the plastic engine cover the revs dropped down to about 1k! mental as I couldnt see it interfering with any pipes/wires. I need to have another go at my throttle body I think.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
My wife's had a similar problem it would stay at 2k rpm after a blip of the throttle it would drop back down.
It had been sitting for a year but after the 500 mile drive to ireland It seems to be getting better.
I'll clean the throttle body when I get back!